'That's football management. I think football is changing.
"I had my plans for many months and I find myself with the market closed in a situation I did not think I would be in", he said.
For us it will be a hard season because I had my plans, and I had my plans for many months, and I started the Premier League season without a situation I thought. "We thought maximum (he could play) 60 minutes, but he managed 80".
"It's time just to say "tomorrow we have a Premier League match" and we have to play to win it".
Pogba's third-minute spot-kick settled the hosts' nerves as United allayed some of the doom and gloom predicted by Mourinho after failing to land a series of targets before Thursday's transfer deadline.
Pogba got the side off to the flawless start, netting from the penalty spot inside three minutes, while Luke Shaw netted the decisive second goal late on.
'Pogba was a monster, ' Mourinho said after United's record £89million record signing started against Leicester despite just four days training since returning from winning the World Cup in Russian Federation.
He added: "The thinking is he is a very good penalty taker and likes the responsibility of it and he is first choice". They certainly seem very unsure of the players he has brought in before - [Eric] Bailly, [Victor] Lindelof. "We have Paul with nine days training, Rashford with 11 days training, Fellaini with nine days training and of course we will be in a better condition, I don't remember in my career to be so much in trouble to make changes, because I want to make five or six [substitutions] and I have only three".
It's reported by The Sun that United were actually prepared to shell out £100m for French World Cup victor Varane, but Real Madrid were not interested in selling. "We will have the same players, the injured players are not going to be back", said Mourinho.
"We don't have a penalty taker, it's how we feel and I made a decision to take it". I was among the names as well. I wouldn't say it was the best game, but obviously it's normal.
The former Juventus player also indicated that he is ready to stay at United instead of pushing for a move to Spain by saying he wants to win the Premier League. Marouane told me he couldn't give me more than 10 minutes, okay but give me 10 minutes.
With 271 appearances and a Premier League winners' medal under his belt with Leicester, nobody can question Wes Morgan's commitment to the Foxes' cause.
- All 20 MCU Films Are Returning to Theaters For 10th-Anniversary Festival
- Nascar CEO Brian France takes leave of absence after DUI arrest
- Chris Smalling: Manchester United are eyeing Premier League glory this season
- Germany softens ban on Nazi symbols in computer games
- Erdogan calls on Turks to buy lira 'in response to economic war'
- Judge orders plane carrying deported mother, daughter to turn around
- Kerala: Shutters of Idamalayar dam opened, water level in Periyar river increases
- Google Makes Embarrassing Error Following Fortnite Android Release
- Betts Homers In 9th To Complete Cycle
- DOOM Eternal gameplay reveal: Here's how to watch