The best way to view the meteor shower is by sitting in a reclining lawn chair or lying on your back and looking up at the sky with a wide view.
The annual Perseid meteor shower is set to hit its full viewing potential and rain down an abundance of "shooting stars" Sunday night into Monday morning.
This is the time period where the Earth passes through the Swift-Tuttle comet's debris field.
He said the meteor activity has been ongoing for more than two weeks and will continue for about another week.
NASA scientists advise that although they can be seen any time after 10 p.m., the best time to spot a flurry of meteors will be during the darkest part of the night, in the early hours before dawn, from 11 p.m.to first light.
However, many more photographs will come this weekend when the Perseid meteor shower peaks.
"The Perseids are the biggest show of meteor showers that you can see in the Northern Hemisphere", says Kelly.
But that's not all that's going on in the sky.
A Perseid meteor streaks over Starfest, a stargazing party held annually in southwestern Ontario, in 2014. According to Space.com, this year's peak will be visible both the nights of August 11-12 and August 12-13. It won't be closer until 2035. Scientists from NASA also said that camping out in the country can triple the amount of visible meteors. However, sometimes the planet Jupiter affects what can be seen on Earth.
"You can see all of them, in fact, without a telescope". Speaking from experience, I used to watch the show as a kid living a mile from New York's JFK airport, and I generally saw a handful of meteors from my backyard with all the house lights turned off.
"It's also nice to go to a park or a beach ... somewhere that is secluded". Kat Kelly, an astronomer at Vancouver's HR MacMillan Space Centre, gives her tips on how to best take in the meteor shower and visible planets this weekend.
- Sprint Center announces Drake and Migos concert postponed until Sunday
- Erdogan calls on Turks to buy lira 'in response to economic war'
- Nintendo Sends Out Press Release For Nintendo Switch Online Service
- National Football League preseason quickly claims promising Redskins rookie
- Samsung finally got carriers to agree on same price for Note 9
- As US and Turkey break up, experts warn of unsafe ramifications
- Google Makes Embarrassing Error Following Fortnite Android Release
- Zimbabwe presidential inauguration delayed amid court challenge
- Nasa space probe will aim to ‘touch’ sun
- How Spotify works with Samsung devices: New partnership and benefits explained