Guice was expected to be the Redskins' starter after they selected him 59th overall in the draft. But he underwent an MRI on Friday morning where the more serious injury was discovered. Guice's injury likely puts an even greater emphasis on Washington's passing game, especially considering the creative ways in which Gruden can try to replicate the run game with passes to Thompson, Jamison Crowder and Jordan Reed. He had suffered a hyperextended knee (yes, the same knee) at LSU but opted against surgery, also per Rapoport.
We know Chris Thompson figures to be a big part of the backfield workforce, but he's also coming off a season-ending injury a year ago with a fractured right fibula Other candidates include Byron Marshall or Kapri Bibbs, who have some big-play ability. He finished with six carries for 19 yards in his debut.
New England Patriots expected to adjust contract for Tom Brady
However, Kelley's fallout ensued in Year 2 of the young back's career.
In 2017, Washington was bit pretty hard by the injury bug.
The rest of the running back depth chart leaves much to be desired. Guice's left leg laid limp on the ground. And losing a year of development with a running back pushes the Redskins' pursuit for a strong rushing attack another year down the road.
- Bitcoin Price In Free Fall After SEC's ETF Delay
- NSW drought: Berejiklian open to asking army to help farmers
- 'Real Housewife' Bethenny Frankel's boyfriend found dead in Trump Tower
- WikiLeaks says Senate panel seeks interview with Assange ZlotoNews
- Omarosa Claims She Walked In On Trump Eating Paper In Oval Office
- Fortnite: Rick & Morty Fans Are Calling Out New Galaxy Skin
- Erdogan warns of campaign against Turkey as lira plummets
- Manchester United transfer woes summed up by Gary Neville's old tweet
- Sprint Center announces Drake and Migos concert postponed until Sunday
- Bitcoin & Ripple Technical Analysis - Charts Point to Further Losses