The prank comes in the wake of the West Hollywood city council's vote on Monday asking the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to remove the president's star from the Walk of Fame.
An unnamed conservative street artist took credit for the move, according to The Hollywood Reporter, and was behind adhering a number of laminated, vinyl stars to the iconic sidewalk.
One of the artists spoke anonymously to the Hollywood Reporter about how and why they did it.
The Hollywood Reporter also notes some of the faux Trump stars have already been peeled up.
The artist and his cohorts, who call themselves "The Faction" and are allies of prolific conservative artist Sabo, spent $1,000 on the stars, which they printed on sheets of floor vinyl with adhesive backing, and their mission was partially financed by "a young and anonymous entrepreneur".
"We didn't want to have what happened to the old star here". Employee told THR. "Not only would the star be destroyed, but it would damage our property".
Although the city council voted to have the star removed, it was largely a symbolic vote as they have no power to order its removal.
"The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a registered historic landmark".
A member of the cleaning service that deals with daily graffiti and vandalism on the Walk of Fame said, "We started at 5 o'clock in the morning and we've found about 50 stars".
- Sprint Center announces Drake and Migos concert postponed until Sunday
- How Spotify works with Samsung devices: New partnership and benefits explained
- Judge orders plane carrying deported mother, daughter to turn around
- Chris Smalling: Manchester United are eyeing Premier League glory this season
- DOOM Eternal gameplay reveal: Here's how to watch
- As US and Turkey break up, experts warn of unsafe ramifications
- All 20 MCU Films Are Returning to Theaters For 10th-Anniversary Festival
- What you need to know about NASA's mission to touch the sun
- Google Makes Embarrassing Error Following Fortnite Android Release
- Zimbabwe presidential inauguration delayed amid court challenge