The prank comes in the wake of the West Hollywood city council's vote on Monday asking the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to remove the president's star from the Walk of Fame.
An unnamed conservative street artist took credit for the move, according to The Hollywood Reporter, and was behind adhering a number of laminated, vinyl stars to the iconic sidewalk.
One of the artists spoke anonymously to the Hollywood Reporter about how and why they did it.
The Hollywood Reporter also notes some of the faux Trump stars have already been peeled up.
The artist and his cohorts, who call themselves "The Faction" and are allies of prolific conservative artist Sabo, spent $1,000 on the stars, which they printed on sheets of floor vinyl with adhesive backing, and their mission was partially financed by "a young and anonymous entrepreneur".
"We didn't want to have what happened to the old star here". Employee told THR. "Not only would the star be destroyed, but it would damage our property".
Although the city council voted to have the star removed, it was largely a symbolic vote as they have no power to order its removal.
"The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a registered historic landmark".
A member of the cleaning service that deals with daily graffiti and vandalism on the Walk of Fame said, "We started at 5 o'clock in the morning and we've found about 50 stars".
- All 20 MCU Films Are Returning to Theaters For 10th-Anniversary Festival
- Nascar CEO Brian France takes leave of absence after DUI arrest
- Sony developing Jackpot and Silk movies for its Spider-Man universe
- DOOM Eternal gameplay reveal: Here's how to watch
- Pique and Sergi Roberto named as new Barcelona captains
- Maryland mom tested positive for opiates after eating bagel
- Zimbabwe presidential inauguration delayed amid court challenge
- Betts Homers In 9th To Complete Cycle
- Nintendo Sends Out Press Release For Nintendo Switch Online Service
- National Football League preseason quickly claims promising Redskins rookie