Sony has been controversial with its lack of cross-platform support, especially when it comes to Fortnite, as users can't log in with their information with another version if they started on PlayStation 4.
In an interview with Game Informer, Hines said that Legends supported cross-play and cross-platform progress. The expansion is set to hit on August 13 for PC players and August 28 for those on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The other piece of ESO news that Quakecon 2018 brought us was the announcement of the next expansion, Murkmire.
"[The Elder Scrolls Legends] is a strategy card game that encompasses both single and multiplayer", Bethesda's Pete Hines told Game Informer. It was the developer's intention that every version of the game had both of those things - and while he didn't name Sony directly or intimate a specific platform holder, he added that was "our message" to all platform holders. Instead, Sony locked Epic Games accounts to PS4, preventing players from accessing those accounts on other consoles.
Hines explained that part of Bethesda's pitch for The Elder Scrolls: Legends is that it doesn't matter where you play. No doubt they'll be getting Elder Scrolls Legends whenever the console versions come around.
"The way the game works right now on Apple, Google, Steam, and Bethesda.net, it doesn't matter where you buy your stuff, if you play it on another platform that stuff is there", he said. There's no 'Oh, it's easier to control, or it has a better framerate on this system.' It's a strategy card game.
"We continue to talk to all of our platform partners". But those [terms] are essentially non-negotiable. We can not have a game that works one way across everywhere else except for on this one thing. For those on PC and Mac, you can expect to play Wolfhunter next week on August 13, with it arriving for Xbox One and PS4 players on August 28.
Sony's aversion to allowing cross-platform compatibility in games that release for the PS4 has been a source of frustration for a lot of gamers, but now one publisher is laying down an ultimatum.
- Aretha Franklin is ‘seriously ill’
- Jeremy Corbyn admits being present at wreath-laying for terror group
- NASA's Parker Solar Probe lifts off | Reuters | NASA soalr probe | probe Parker
- Mourinho complains about Manchester United's lack of transfers again
- Gunman Charged in 'Stand Your Ground' Florida Shooting
- Two Koreas plan third summit of Kim, Moon next month
- "Trumps calls Omarosa a 'lowlife' at 'Bikers for Trump" rally
- White House aides have no idea if Omarosa was taping THEIR conversations
- Broncos fan starts GoFundMe to cut Paxton Lynch
- Turkey must ensure independence of central bank: Merkel