Jessie, a yellow and blue Macaw parrot, told the fire team that came to rescue her exactly what she thought of them, using some language as colourful as the tropical bird's plumage. Her owner and the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) were unable to coax the parrot so they resorted to soliciting the aid of the London Fire Brigade yesterday, August 13. Fire services were criticized in June after 15 firefighters were called to rescue a seagull stuck on a roof, which promptly flew away, according to The Sun.
Jessie the macaw had escaped from her owner's home in Edmonton, north London, and settled on a neighbour's rooftop.
Armed with a bowl of food and a fluffy white towel, a volunteer member of the fire brigade climbed up a ladder in an attempt to rescue her.
Watch Manager Chris Swallow said the crew were told to tell the bird "I love you" in order to bond with her.
However the affectionate words fell on deaf ears as Jessie told her rescuer to "f**k off".
"We then discovered that she had a bit of a foul mouth and kept swearing, much to our amusement". She was then finally retrieved by her owners.
"Thankfully it soon became apparent that Jessie was fine and uninjured as she flew off to another roof and then to a tree".
The sassy bird eventually made a decision to come down on her own, proving to not be injured.
But it seems the affection had the opposite affect on Jessie, who simply told the fire fighters to "fuck off". A spokesperson said Jessie's owner did the correct thing by not contacting it until had already contacted the RSPCA and had exhausted all other options.
The watch manager reminded people to contact the RSPCA first and not the firefighters if they happened to chance upon an animal stranded or in distress. "If the RSPCA require our assistance, they will call us and we are happy to assist with our specialist equipment".
- Maurizio Sarri makes decision over Ruben Loftus-Cheek's future
- Cardinal Wuerl Responds to Criticism After Release of Grand Jury Report
- Thousands mourn Yemeni children killed by coalition air strike
- Harry Kane Starts For Tottenham Hotspur At Newcastle In Premier League Opener
- Priyanka Chopra flaunts her engagement ring in this picture with Raveena Tandon
- Former archbishop avoids jail over sex abuse cover-up
- New Study Suggests Vaping Is More Dangerous Than First Thought
- Splits deepen over #Burqa comments by British ex-minister #BorisJohnson
- China rejects allegations of detaining one million Uighurs in Xinjiang camps
- Paris Jackson Reveals She Had Surgery for an Abscess