Through a choppy afternoon, Bitcoin broke through to $6,400 levels, with an intraday high $6,499 seeing Bitcoin test the day's first major resistance level at $6,489.63 before pulling back to $6,300 levels.
At the moment, the entire cryptocurrency market cap stands at, $214 billion, with Bitcoin having a market cap of $108 billion. The Bitcoin once again came to the threshold level at $6000 losing more than 6% in the past 24 hours. However, it remains a trigger away from taking an upward momentum or a further slide below, especially given bitcoin has finally captured over 50% dominance of the market.
As seen from the 3 months graph of the cryptocurrency dominance, it is clearly seen that Bitcoin's dominance has been increasing steadily and continuously.
The last time Bitcoin dominance was above 50% was on 19th December, where it controlled 50.54% of the market.
Bitcoin dropped to an 8-week low Tuesday, while Ethereum, the 2nd-largest cryptocurrency in terms of market value, sank to a more than 1-year lows, as they continued their Bearish trend. All the other altcoins constitute for the remaining 50%. The low point on June 29th was only marginally higher.
Ether has tumbled about 40% this month, while Bitcoin has dropped about 26%. U.S SEC declaring that Bitcoin is a commodity, ICE's announcement and a potential for a (Bitcoin) ETF, amongst other.
It's unlikely that recent global market turbulence, fuelled by Turkey's currency crisis.
"I believe we're just witnessing the continuation of the cryptocurrency bear market".
Last year, a lot of ICOs hosted their projects on the Ethereum platform while raising money in Ether. Ether now makes up about 14%, while Bitcoin accounts for 54% after falling less quickly than its smaller peers, according to Coinmarketcap.com.
A lot of traders and investors are staying away from altcoins due to the short-term unpredictability of the cryptocurrency market which has led to the massive drop in altcoin prices.
- Turkey's economy suffers amid USA sanctions and tariffs
- Anger rises over Genoa bridge collapse as death toll climbs
- Sterling stuck below $1.28 after below-forecast United Kingdom wage growth
- Pearl Jam shares poster depicting Trump's corpse and a burning White House
- Provincial state of emergency declared in BC
- Measles outbreak hits 107 people, 21 states
- LeBron James congratulates WNBA great Lindsay Whalen on her illustrious career
- China, US to hold trade talks in late August
- The assassination of Kim Jong-nam
- Motorola’s new mid-range P30 phone looks almost identical to the Huawei P20