Last week, The Boston Globe put out a call to action inviting newspapers across the country to join them in publishing editorials to defend journalists against the president's "dirty war". Now the Globe is in COLLUSION with other papers on free press.
The Boston Globe invited its fellow publications to join calls for "an end to President Trump's sustained assault on the #FreePress" through editorials with the newspaper's op-ed editor Marjorie Pritchard saying almost 350 had pledged to participate. Newspaper editorial boards overwhelmingly opposed Trump's election in 2016.
The Globe also argued that Trump's treatment of the press was encouraging authoritarian leaders such as Russia's Vladimir Putin and Turkey's Recep Tayyip Erdogan to suppress free journalism. The Chicago Sun-Times said it believed most Americans know that Trump is talking nonsense.
Trump has long rallied against so-called "fake news", branding some of America's largest media outlets, including CNN and The New York Times, as such.
Trump has frequently criticized journalists and described news reports that contradict his opinion or policy positions as fake news.
The New York Times wrote: "If you haven't already, please subscribe to your local papers", it said. "And calling journalists the "enemy of the people" is risky, period", The New York Times editorial board wrote. "The fact is that the Press is FREE to write and say anything it wants, but much of what it says is FAKE NEWS, pushing a political agenda or just plain trying to hurt people".
- The assassination of Kim Jong-nam
- Canopy Growth marijuana stock surges after new Constellation stake
- Trump signs defense spending bill
- Bitcoin's Price Falls Below $6K to Near 2018 Low
- Motorola announces Android Pie update for these eight phones
- Gunmen attack intelligence training centre in Kabul
- Trump calls ex-'Apprentice' star turned White House aide a 'dog'
- US sanctions hurting its own reputation: Turkish FM
- Kobe Bryant $6M sports drink investment yields massive return
- Vaping damages vital immune system cells