Now the Queen of Pop has released her full performance online, and it includes her singing her classic "Like A Prayer"-backed by a monk choir-a cover of "Hallelujah", and most excitingly, a new song titled "Beautiful Game".
Celebrity watchers in Marrakech said Moroccan police were keeping journalists and photographers at bay, while speculation was rife over the venue and guest list for the star's birthday celebrations.
"In case someone forgot", she wrote in a caption on a photo of herself which included a "birthday" hashtag.
Stars from across music, film, television and fashion have wished the music legend a happy birthday.
Before the expansive birthday party-expected to take place in the luxurious Riad El Fenn belonging to Vanessa Branson, the sister of British billionaire Richard Branson-Madonna took some time to visit Marrakech's medina (old city).
"Also, the worldwide payment firm Ripple has announced it will be matching all donations to Madonna's fundraiser", she wrote on Facebook.
The pop icon has always represented the complexity and tension between her namesake (Madonna - the Virgin Mary of course) and being the definition of the "Material Girl". Madonna wrote to fans on Instagram on Thursday. He could have been writing about you.
- Vaping study shows e-cigarettes more harmful than thought
- United States prepared to add sanctions on Turkey if pastor not released
- Hitman Rohit Sharma backs Test team
- More US sanctions for Turkey if they don't obey
- Trump's military parade estimated to cost $92 million
- Zinedine Zidane has eyes set on managing Manchester United
- Davis Cup reform: Nations vote for 18-team season-ending event
- Aretha Franklin tribute this weekend at Detroit's Motown Museum
- US Hits Russian Firm Over Breach of N. Korea Sanctions
- Ragnar Klavan: Liverpool centre-back to join Serie A side Cagliari