Expected to show an upward trend today [Day 3]. His satirical comedy Toilet: Ek Prem Katha released this time a year ago had made Rs 11.34 crore on its opening day and Rs. 132.07 crore in lifetime box office collections.
Gold, on the other hand, earned a total of Rs 8 crores at the threates with an anticipated growth in collections in the weekend.
Akshay Kumar's Gold and John Abraham's Satyameva Jayate, both of which released on Independence day, had received massive openings of Rs. 25.25 crore and Rs Rs 20.52 crore, respectively.
The reason behind the films failing to sustain their momentum after the first day could be attributed to their word-of-mouth publicity, with both Gold and Satyameva Jayate receiving mixed critics responses.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh mentioned that the film is doing extremely well at the single screens. "We would love if people go and see Satyameva Jayate and we would be absolutely happy if people go and see Gold".
Talking about the clash with Gold, John said earlier, "I think there is enough space for two big films on a holiday".
According to Box Office India, while most circuits reported equally healthy numbers for both films, Gold took the lead in circuits like Delhi and Uttar Pradesh, East Punjab and Mumbai thanks to Kumar's massy fan following.
- Pakistan ban batsman Jamshed for 10 years over spot-fixing
- 'Dr Bumbum' Denis Furtado is charged with murdering patient
- Google CEO tells staff China censored search app plans are ‘exploratory’
- Deontay Wilder crashes Tyson Fury's weigh-in, clashes with John Fury
- ‘Star Wars: Resistance’: Trailer & Premiere Date For Disney Channel Toon Series
- Malala reacts to Imran Khan's election as Pakistani PM
- Man City boost after De Bruyne visits surgeon Cugat
- Verizon to Package YouTube TV, Apple TV with 5G In-home Broadband
- Ranking the Wyndham Championship field: Webb chased by playoff hopefuls
- Substance in dug up Egyptian jar 'most ancient' cheese