The pastor row is one of several between the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies, including diverging interests in Syria and U.S. objections to Ankara's ambition to buy Russian defence systems, that have contributed to instability in Turkish financial markets.
Washington's move came during an ongoing dispute over Turkey's holding of an American pastor for two years. "We are not going to take this sitting down".
Many countries have been the target of similar USA trade measures, Albayrak said, and Turkey would navigate this period with other parties such as Germany, Russia and China.
In an interview with Tanvir Gill of ETNow, Napier said India's macros are better than other emerging markets and Prime Minister Narendra Modi is in a strong position.
What are the latest developments?
On Friday, Turkish Trade Minister Ruhsar Pekcan warned that Ankara would not succumb to new threats from Washington.Читайте также: Grappling with tweet aftermath, Musk acknowledges exhaustion
"Even if tensions between the USA and Turkey are resolved, investors still need to see serious fiscal and monetary measures to restore confidence". In return, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan signed a decree to raise tariffs on American imports including cars, alcohol and tobacco.
In a conference call with thousands of investors and economists, Albayrak - who is Erdogan's son-in-law, said Turkey fully understood and recognised all of its domestic challenges, but was dealing with what he described as a market anomaly. We'll see what happens.
He also accused foreign players of creating "currency plots". He faces 35 years in prison on espionage and terror-related charges.
The US insists the pastor, a long-time Turkish resident, is "a victim of unfair and unjust detention".
Mr Trump described him as "our wonderful Christian Pastor, who I must now ask to represent our Country as a great patriot hostage". Mr Trump tweeted last week. Its leader lives in Pennsylvania and the US has rejected calls from Turkey to have him extradited. The US government and human rights groups have disputed that claim.
Erdogan thanked the emir and the people of Qatar for "standing by Turkey", the official Anadolu news agency reported.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Woods adds BMW Championship to playoff schedule
- A Chinese Boeing 737 has reportedly crash landed at Manila International Airport
- Verizon to Package YouTube TV, Apple TV with 5G In-home Broadband
- Hitman Rohit Sharma backs Test team
- Aretha Franklin's funeral will be four-day event in Detroit
- More US sanctions for Turkey if they don't obey
- Here's the Unusual Gift Madonna Wants for Her 60th Birthday
- 'Dr Bumbum' Denis Furtado is charged with murdering patient
- Satyameva Jayate: Here’s Decoding The Economics Of This John Abraham Film!
- Jose Mourinho confirms Paul Pogba will captain Manchester United on Sunday