After announcing Android Pie earlier this month, Google has formally unveiled Android Pie (Go edition) which the search giant claims offers a more streamlined, more secure version of Android that is suited to smartphones with modest specifications.
The Maps app in the new Go Edition now comes with full-fledged navigation just like the app in the regular Android software, so that the user gets guided through each turn until the destination is reached. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the back. Android is an operating system primarily designed for devices with touchscreen.
One of the benefits of owning a Google Pixel phone is that you're first in line for the latest updates. The company also confirmed that over 100 manufacturers have plans to release smartphones with the new version oft eh Android 9 Pie. Vivo has not yet announced the ETA (estimated time of arrival), but it is expected that the roll out will begin by December 31.
Currently, there is no Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM available to try on Vivo Y83. Google has also updated the Assistant Go app by adding support for additional languages like Spanish, Brazilian, Portuguese and Indonesian; in addition to supporting actions like controlling Bluetooth, camera, and more. This was reaffirmed by reports in July, which stated that the problem was already present during the Android Pie betas. It actively scans new installs, and checks all installed apps daily, no matter where you downloaded them from.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google's Android OS. The home screen is demonstrating noticeable redesigned notification cards and quick settings tile.
All said and done, Motorola will start delivering Android 9 updates to select Moto phones before the end of 2018.
Fresh out of the oven, we're excited to share that Android™ 9.0 Pie (Android P) is on its way to a Motorola smartphone near you.
- Scarlett Johansson Named 'World's Highest-Paid Actress' By Forbes
- MoviePass just made it harder, again, to see movies
- Substance in dug up Egyptian jar 'most ancient' cheese
- Starbucks Crashes The Protein Shake Business With Cold Brew
- Surgeons Remove Contact Lens Lodged In Woman's Eye For 28 Years
- Pakistan ban batsman Jamshed for 10 years over spot-fixing
- White House Calls On Turkey to Release American Pastor Andrew Brunson
- WaPo columnist calls on GOP to censure Trump over security clearances
- Google is making another 'smart display' that nobody asked for
- BC declares state of emergency, PG surpasses 500 wildfire evacuees