Starbucks Cold Brew continues to be a favorite since joining the cold coffee menu in 2015 and Starbucks continues to innovate on this platform with additions like Nitro DRAFT Cold Brew, Cold Foam Cold Brew and Protein Blended Cold Brew.
This time the drink is made with a coconut milk, the cold brew coffee, cacao powder, the plant-based protein, and the banana date fruit blend. A banana-date fruit blend and 10 grams of plant-based protein powder are added to each beverage.
The drink is offered in Almond and Cacao flavors and will be available while supplies last.
Only available in a Grande size, the Protein Blended Cold Brew drinks are available in Almond and Cacao, and are called the Starbucks Almond Protein Blended Cold Brew and the Starbucks Cacao Protein Blended Cold Brew. We can certainly hope so, as Starbucks said in the announcement of this new product that the launch was "inspired by our customers' love for Starbucks Cold Brew and a growing interest in plant-based proteins".
It will be interesting to see if this cold beverage brings in a new consumer or has Frappuccino lovers switching to a "healthier" alternative. And while the company has, in recent years, committed to offering more vegetarian and vegan items, fully vegan beverages were a little harder to come by. It has 12 grams of protein. Both versions incorporate Banana Date Fruit Blend. With the extra protein and lower calories, this cold drink could satisfy the cold, blended craving without over the extra guilt.
So, whether you're looking to replace breakfast with a protein-packed smoothie or refuel after a workout, these are some great all-new options for you.
Starbucks has made some recommendations when it comes to customizing the drinks but have pointed out that additional charges may apply. Of course, there are plenty of cold brew and regular coffee options as well.
- 'Dr Bumbum' Denis Furtado is charged with murdering patient
- WaPo columnist calls on GOP to censure Trump over security clearances
- Pakistan ban batsman Jamshed for 10 years over spot-fixing
- Roundup Chemical in Your Cereal: What to Know
- NASCAR's Kahne retiring after 15 Cup seasons
- Met Éireann warns Storm Ernesto will bring 'high intensity' rainfall to Limerick
- White House Calls On Turkey to Release American Pastor Andrew Brunson
- MoviePass just made it harder, again, to see movies
- Deontay Wilder crashes Tyson Fury's weigh-in, clashes with John Fury
- Nearly 80 overdose on synthetic pot in park near Yale