Starbucks Cold Brew continues to be a favorite since joining the cold coffee menu in 2015 and Starbucks continues to innovate on this platform with additions like Nitro DRAFT Cold Brew, Cold Foam Cold Brew and Protein Blended Cold Brew.
This time the drink is made with a coconut milk, the cold brew coffee, cacao powder, the plant-based protein, and the banana date fruit blend. A banana-date fruit blend and 10 grams of plant-based protein powder are added to each beverage.
The drink is offered in Almond and Cacao flavors and will be available while supplies last.
Only available in a Grande size, the Protein Blended Cold Brew drinks are available in Almond and Cacao, and are called the Starbucks Almond Protein Blended Cold Brew and the Starbucks Cacao Protein Blended Cold Brew. We can certainly hope so, as Starbucks said in the announcement of this new product that the launch was "inspired by our customers' love for Starbucks Cold Brew and a growing interest in plant-based proteins".
It will be interesting to see if this cold beverage brings in a new consumer or has Frappuccino lovers switching to a "healthier" alternative. And while the company has, in recent years, committed to offering more vegetarian and vegan items, fully vegan beverages were a little harder to come by. It has 12 grams of protein. Both versions incorporate Banana Date Fruit Blend. With the extra protein and lower calories, this cold drink could satisfy the cold, blended craving without over the extra guilt.
So, whether you're looking to replace breakfast with a protein-packed smoothie or refuel after a workout, these are some great all-new options for you.
Starbucks has made some recommendations when it comes to customizing the drinks but have pointed out that additional charges may apply. Of course, there are plenty of cold brew and regular coffee options as well.
- Woods adds BMW Championship to playoff schedule
- Roundup Chemical in Your Cereal: What to Know
- NASCAR's Kahne retiring after 15 Cup seasons
- Tottenham boss Pochettino reveals he expects players to leave this month
- Nearly 80 overdose on synthetic pot in park near Yale
- Man City boost after De Bruyne visits surgeon Cugat
- MoviePass just made it harder, again, to see movies
- Scarlett Johansson Named 'World's Highest-Paid Actress' By Forbes
- More US sanctions for Turkey if they don't obey
- Satyameva Jayate: Here’s Decoding The Economics Of This John Abraham Film!