Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita says it will take time to justify the £52 million fee the club paid for the Guinea worldwide.
The 31-year-old missed Spurs' Premier League game at Watford on 2 September and both of France's matches during the global break.
Lloris will miss the game against Liverpool, as will Alli, who picked up a hamstring injury on global duty.
Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris will be out for "several weeks" with a thigh injury, but will retain the captaincy after his drink-drive conviction.
Pochettino confirmed the 31-year-old Frenchman, who was banned for driving for 20 months and fined 50,000 pounds ($65,545), would remain as the club's captain.
"He is going to do another scan to see how is the evolution of his injury", Pochettino told Sky Sports.
Asked if the World Cup victor would remain as captain, Pochettino said: "Of course".
"He is the first to regret about all that happened", Pochettino told reporters at the club's training ground ahead of Saturday's home clash with Liverpool.
Alli played the full match of England's 2-1 defeat to Spain last weekend but was not in their squad against Switzerland on Tuesday.
'The most important is that everyone can make a mistake and he is suffering a punishment and also a feeling that society translates to him.
"He's punishing himself. But of course we're not God, that we can judge people".
Meanwhile, Liverpool FC will return to Premier League action on Saturday lunchtime when they travel to Tottenham Hotspur. "But we will try to keep our good performances and I hope we can win a lot of games", the Switzerland worldwide told reporters.
- Lexus unveils world's 1st digital outer mirrors
- Russians charged in poisoning say they visited United Kingdom as tourists
- Putin proposes Russia and Japan sign historic peace treaty this year
- Gunman kills 5, self in Southern California shooting attack
- Google is Killing Inbox
- 9 killed, 46 injured after auto rams into crowd in China
- Hurricane Florence Evacuations Expand, With 'Disaster At Doorstep'
- Apple iPhones grow in size - and price
- Google’s artificial intelligence chief departs
- Hurricane Florence packing a 'Mike Tyson punch', says top USA official