The iPhone Xr is coming later than the other devices, and will be available to pre-order from October 19th, with the phone arriving a week after on October 26th.
Here's the theory: If Apple followed its usual protocol and offered the $999 iPhone XS, as well as a phone that was nearly exactly the same but $100 cheaper, it would likely confuse customers and cannibalize sales.
What about the iPhone 6 and iPhone SE? Now, the operator won't sell you the handset itself, and the $400 markdown actually represents a combined 24 monthly bill credits.
That may be because the new iPhone XS has the same starter price, meaning Apple would have to offer the iPhone X at a discount. Although there's only one 12-megapixel camera on the XR's glass backing, some software work with iOS 12 means you don't sacrifice portrait mode shots.
Apple's Phil Schiller took the wraps off Apple's 2018 iPhone lineup today, showing off the much-anticipated successors to last year's iPhone X - the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. The official Apple website reflects the new price list. Build it, and they will come: and pay for it too. It has an LCD screen instead of OLED and has a single camera instead of a dual camera.
On the other hand, iPhone XS Max packs 6.5 inch Super Retina OLED display with the resolution of 1242×2688 pixels. But for now, you can aw at the ability to adjust depth-of-field, after having taken a photo. According to reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple paid between $120 and $130 per screen unit, which was about twice as much as it normally pays for screens.
Of course, a newer iPhone, a faster and more secure biometric experience. That underdog is the iPhone XR and let us remind you that while it sports an LCD screen, it features a lot of the things that the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max come armed with, including Apple's first ever 7nm FinFET chipset, the A12 Bionic. It's a more affordable version of the XS, and it comes in a number of bright colors.
Although this prediction is in line with the ones made before the phones were officially announced, shipping 40 million units in a couple of months seem like an arduous task.
The next one is about the new Apple Watch Series 4.
- Bob Woodward opens up to Dana Perino in exclusive Fox News interview
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 27 cast announced
- ISS images show massive Hurricane Florence from 400 km up
- Former Obama aide backs Cynthia Nixon over Cuomo
- Sphero launches Sphero Gallop, a mild-up robotic ball for education
- Windows 10 Tries to Push Firefox and Chrome Over the Edge
- Teaser is out: Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar gives Ganesh Chaturthi bonaza
- Apple iPhone XS, XS Max and XR announcement coverage wrap-up
- FDA proposed crackdown on flavored e-cigs puts Juul on notice
- Westbrook could miss season opener after knee surgery