Earlier this month, the Government Accountability Office released a report that revealed FEMA had been so overwhelmed with storms by the time Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico that more than half of the workers it was deploying to disasters were known to be unqualified for the jobs they were doing in the field.
At the same time, the agency also faced challenges that were arguably beyond its control such as the sheer force of the monster storm and the logistical difficulties of reaching the Caribbean island over a thousand miles (1,600 kilometres) away from the mainland. "Texas we've been given A-pluses for".
"During our broader study, we found that many physicians were not oriented in the appropriate certification protocol", according to the report from the researchers at GWU.
Of course, the 2,975-person death toll from Hurricane Maria was not a Democratic ploy to hurt Trump. Florida, we've been given A-plusses for.
"I think Puerto Rico was incredibly successful", the president said.
President Donald Trump continued to insist Wednesday that his administration did a "great job" in responding to Hurricane Maria, which left almost 3,000 people dead, as Hurricane Florence rolls toward the Carolina coast.
A photo showing the bottles in boxes and covered in a blue tarp on a runway in Ceiba was shared widely on social media Tuesday evening. "I think that Puerto Rico was an incredible unsung success".
The mayor of San Juan, the capital of the U.S. commonwealth of more than three million people, was outraged.
In remarks aimed at Americans who could find themselves in harm's way, the president noted that experts were predicting a storm the likes of which the East Coast of the United States has not seen in decades.
The president, flanked by maps of the storm and the heads of the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, said Florence was unlikely to change course before it is expected to make landfall with 130 miles per hour winds and potentially ruinous rains in the coming days. With Eli Sanders on vacation, Rich Smith asks Dan Savage and Katie Herzog to tell us how prepared we really are, and to speculate about whether we'll ever be prepped enough. "Tremendous amount of water". North and SC and Virginia ordered mass evacuations along the coast.
- Supermarkets cited in crackdown on e-cigarettes
- Putin proposes Russia and Japan sign historic peace treaty this year
- Hurricane Florence packing a 'Mike Tyson punch', says top USA official
- Weinstein Accuser Releases Video In Which She Was Reportedly Groped
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4's battle royale mode Blackout available now
- Apple iPhones grow in size - and price
- Meghan Markle labelled 'duchASS' by angry sister Samantha
- Prince William launches mental health website
- We know who United Kingdom poisoning suspects are, and they're not criminals: Putin
- Death toll from Afghanistan blast rises to 68