Remedy's next big game was Quantum Break, which was itself imagined as a fusion of television and video games. "At the moment, there is no news of any further Alan Wake games", Lake said.
As for what fans can expect from this series, Lake told Variety that Alan Wake will still be central to the series' story but he's also planning to focus on numerous surrounding characters within the world. "That was Sam [Lake's] vision".
Lake's game was influenced by The Twilight Zone, Secret Window, Northern Exposure, masters of horror Stephen King and Alfred Hitchcock, and other television projects. So, whether the title can outgrow its own influences is another hurdle Calloway will have to leap over. "We plan to work closely with Sam on [this] show". Sam is a huge part of this.
While we wait on a sequel to Alan Wake, if one even comes to pass, we'll at least have a live-action TV series to hold us over.
"Definitely what we have mapped out is a longer thing than the first game and a sequel; there is more to it", Lake said.
"The Alan Wake TV show is due to be shopped around to a number of studios by Contradiction Films partner Tomas Harlan in October, with Calloways" full pitch apparently already garnering interest from certain parties. "We'll be expanding the lore of this insane and dark universe and diving deeper into certain aspects of it than the game ever did". As of now, the Alan Wake TV series has no planned air date or network to air on.
The Alan Wake series won't adapt the game as it is, but rather treat its story as "a starting point", Lake said.
Lake also mentioned the multiple Alan Wake video game follow-ups Remedy workshopped over the years, some of the details and assets of which found their way to the public. The story followed fictitious best-selling author Alan Wake (Matthew Porretta) on a journey to a small town in Washington state where he hopes to rid himself of prolonged writer's block.
- Seattle Storm beat Mercury to win 2018 WNBA Finals
- All you need to know about 'tropical storms'
- Airlines begin canceling flights at RDU as Hurricane Florence nears the Carolinas
- Apple debuts 6.1-inch LCD iPhone XR, coming in October
- Syrian forces pound rebel-held areas in country's northwest
- Apple's greatest magic trick: A $749 iPhone is now "cheap"
- UN Command head talks to N. Koreans about troop remains
- Missy Elliott Surprises Her "Funky White Sister" on Ellen
- Spurs duo Lloris, Alli to miss Liverpool, Inter clashes
- Hurricane Florence begins to batter United States east coast