The company said the new iPhones would start at USD 750, USD 1,000 and USD 1,100. iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max will be available for pre-order beginning Friday, September 14 and in stores beginning Friday, September 21. The price for the iPhone XS starts at $999 for the 64 GB model and goes up from there for 256 GB and 512 GB.
When Apple released the iPhone X a year ago, it was widely considered the best smartphone the company had ever made, marking a major step forward with features like Face ID and a high-end camera to rival the Huawei P20 Pro and the Google Pixel 2.
Three new iPhones are heading our way: the XS, XS Max, and the XR. The overall design is much the same. It has a lower-resolution 6.1-inch LCD screen and a single rear-facing camera, but otherwise delivers on the specifications of the Xs series.
The XR's pricing is "below expectation" and "effectively obsoletes" the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus units as "most consumers would opt for the iPhone XR in both cases", Goldman's analysts noted. Beavis believes this is where most of the cost saving has been generated for the model. Purchase any iPhone using Verizon's Device Payment plan, and you will receive $100 off any iPad or $50 off any Apple Watch purchased via Verizon's 24-month financing plan.
As such, Gareth concludes that providing you don't want loads of advanced features, no "bells and whistles", then the camera system on the iPhone XR "will do you just fine". There are still other important details we need to know about iPhone Xs, Xs Max, and Xr, such as the clock frequency of the chipset.
Those reasons? The fact that Apple has likely put less RAM in to the iPhone XR compared to the iPhone XS and XS Max, and the screen resolution is likely going to be less, too.
Until it was killed off on Wednesday, the iPhone SE had been a rare budget-conscious device from Apple, priced at $US350.
- Don't underestimate flu - that's the message as new vaccine becomes available
- States Prepare for ‘Storm of a Lifetime’ as Hurricane Florence Looms
- UN Command head talks to N. Koreans about troop remains
- Hurricane Florence: Residents urged to rush as ‘unprecedented disaster’ looms
- Tottenham Hotspur without Dele Alli and Hugo Lloris against Liverpool
- The Senators trade Erik Karlsson to the Sharks
- Wright's playing career probably over after final homestand
- Apple's greatest magic trick: A $749 iPhone is now "cheap"
- Casey withdraws after 3rd round of BMW Championship
- Lloris hoping to return for Liverpool clash