The iPhone XS and XS Max will go on sale in Hong Kong on September 21, with the iPhone XR coming in late October. The display, however, is an LCD IPS panel which was used on the older iPhone 8. Indeed, even Apple executives remarked that the iPhone SE was markedly more popular than they initially anticipated when the device first launched back in March of 2016.
With its bezel-less design and curved corners, the 6.5-inch XS Max doesn't feel too big in my hands. Apple claims that it has improved the camera performance on the iPhone XS Max but we didn't get a chance to truly test it. Here are 5 reasons why you should opt for the largest and most expensive iPhone in history.
The iPhone XS Max dimensions are 6.20 x 3.05 x 0.30 inches (157.5 x 77.4 x 7.7 mm) and it weighs 7.34 ounces (208g). Apple has done coloured phones before, with the iPhone 5c, but these colours are shimmery aluminium under glass, and they have a rich, enamel-like look to them.
It comes as no surprise that Apple builds on last year's iPhone X to create an updated "S" version, as it does every alternate year. Both phones will be available in Space Gray, Silver, and Gold finishes and will come in 64GB, 128GB, 512GB storage options. With no Home Button, the XR supports tap to wake, swipe up to the home screen, swipe down to access notifications and the Control Centre. While we still don't know what the R stands for (Regular, Rookie, Rad?), it's obvious this is the iPhone for Apple fans with a smaller budget, with a design that isn't quite as flashy, a single 12-megapixel camera and a 6.1in LCD display. While the iPhone X, XS and XS Max have pressure-sensitive 3D Touch screens that activate the flashlight or camera when you press down hard, the iPhone XR only has haptic feedback. There's also Qi wireless charging and it also supports 50% fast charge in 30 minutes provided you have the right accessories. The camera also relies on software for bokeh photos as well. And yes, the notch and FaceID remain omnipresent in the new iPhone devices, including the iPhone XS Max. (I couldn't test it because it wasn't activated on the phones in the demo room.) In general, our carriers have banned dual-SIM phones in the past; the most successful so far have been OnePlus phones, which haven't been sold through carriers. You'll have to wait a bit longer for the iPhone XR, which launches on 26 October, with preorders from 19 October. The difference between the XR and the XS comes primarily in the screen, camera, and modem.
- US Open: Barbora Strycova slams Serena Williams' 'Bullsh--t' meltdown
- Hurricane Florence is about to make landfall in North Carolina
- Justin Bieber & Hailey Baldwin Take One Step Closer To Getting Married!
- Met Office Issues Severe Weather Warnings As Hurricane Helene Creeps Closer
- Richarlison scores twice on full Brazil debut
- Dua Lipa 'horrified' after fans were forcibly removed from Shanghai concert
- Former UN chief Kofi Annan laid to rest in Ghana
- A few former Dolphins nominated for 2019 Hall of Fame class
- Creative protection or ‘link tax’? European Union votes for controversial internet copyright law
- Makelele: Sarri can ‘make history’ at Chelsea