And he made it clear he wants to see more from Ozil going forward. In this process, we will work, we will help him, give him the possibility on the pitch to be together, to find his qualities for us.
Granit Xhaka continues to split opinion among the fans as while he's so important to our build-up play, he is a liability when we're not in possession.
Ozil was omitted from Arsenal's squad for last month's 3-1 win over West Ham, prompting reports of a dispute with Emery - who had said the midfielder was ill - before he returned to the starting XI for the last game at Cardiff. The reason we are working is to prepare each match with our players, to have the possibility to arrive in Newcastle in the best condition for every player.
Saturday is another step we can do, it will be hard but I want to continue (to show) our personality on the pitch and impose this personality on the opposition and to find the win.
Speaking ahead of the trip to St James" Park, Emery said of the pair: "It's the same.
'I have a very good relationship with Mesut, ' the Spaniard said. "I have a very good relationship with Mesut and professionally I push him for improvements to give us the best in his qualities and performances".
Chief executive Ivan Gazidis' future looks less certain, though, with AC Milan having re-opened negotiations with him.
Monreal, whose contract with Arsenal has entered its final year, is on Barcelona's transfer radar, with the Catalan giants looking at him as cover for Jordi Alba during the January transfer window.
"For me it is a new moment, for us and for every player", Emery told a news conference on Thursday.
- Beats' Colorful New Buds Are Perfect For Your iPhone XR
- UN Command head talks to N. Koreans about troop remains
- 'The Bachelor' alum Amanda Stanton speaks out after arrest for domestic violence
- Airlines begin canceling flights at RDU as Hurricane Florence nears the Carolinas
- IPhone XR revealed: Price, features and everything you need to know
- Here's all the big news from today's Nintendo Direct
- Apple launches largest ever iPhone
- Bombing in Afghanistan Kills at Least 68 at Quiet Yell
- Watch a livestream of Hurricane Florence bearing down on North Carolina
- The Senators trade Erik Karlsson to the Sharks