"It's boyhood dream stuff, it's something I'm incredibly proud of", Rose said.
Paul Casey is an injury concern for the Ryder Cup after he withdrew from the delayed final round of the BMW Championship. He was going for his third title in the Philadelphia area, including the U.S. Open he won at Merion five years ago.
Two back of the leaders at -17, Woods couldn't sink an eight-foot birdie putt on 17 that would have drawn him back within a stroke of the lead.
"We will do everything we can to play tomorrow", White said.
In an announcement video on Twitter, Finau said: "I'm so excited to be on the Ryder Cup team and I can't wait to get to Paris".
"We did it Dad...." Delighted to be world number one.
The words were accompanied by a photo of Rose from that Sunday afternoon at Merion when he hit all the right shots and became a major champion.
He didn't get a trophy on this trip.
But even if he doesn't, it should be remembered that Rose would assume pole position on the strength of a fabulous body of work over the last two years, not a weather delay. "To be back here and win this tournament is just incredible". He said it wasn't how he wanted to get to No. 1, but he was ecstatic regardless.
It's something I can say now in my career I've been the best player in the world.
"I was riding some momentum [from the Dell Technologies Championship] but all in all, [my] game kind of got a little off".
He needed help after a closing with bogey at 18 and got it from Justin Rose, who also bogeyed the final hole to drop back to 20 under.
And then it went sour over the next year when he turned pro and missed 21 consecutive cuts on the European Tour. This is the first time he did not win. Because he didn't add to his schedule a tournament he had not played in the last four years, he is in violation of the PGA Tour's scheduling policy.
All he won Monday at Aronimink was a designation that can't be taken away. Rose ascended to the No. 1 ranking in the Official World Golf Rankings and became just the 22nd golfer in history to do so.
Rose joins Nick Faldo, Lee Westwood and Luke Donald among those from England to hold the top spot. Argue about the math, but not the results.
By virtue of his return to East Lake - his first trip since 2013 - Bradley will once again reap the benefits of being a top-30 player on Tour.
"Play has been suspended for the day", read an update from the PGA Tour.
How long will it last? He is more likely to win the event and get his first victory of the season because he is only a couple shots off the lead.
For McIlroy, perhaps it would have been better if they did call it off.
- ‘Monster’ Hurricane Florence takes aim at US Southeast
- Meet Apple’s iPhone Xs, Xs Max, Xr: Specs, Price, Release Date Announced
- Toby Alderweireld says he was never close to Tottenham exit
- MVP Breanna Stewart Returns To Winning Ways
- Two monkeypox cases discovered in United Kingdom from patients travelling from Nigeria
- RIP iPhone: Apple discontinues its flagships
- Aung San Suu Kyi: Jailing Journalists For Reporting Truth Is Justified
- The Last Remnant Remastered coming to Playstation 4 this December
- Fraudsters force people to evacuate as Hurricane Florence approaches
- Hurricane Florence: Residents urged to rush as ‘unprecedented disaster’ looms