The sons were declared absconders by an accountability court hearing corruption references filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in lieu of Supreme Court's verdict in the Panama Papers case.
On Thursday, hundreds of people attended the funeral prayers of Begum Kulsoom at London's Regent Park mosque, which was separate from another one to take place in Lahore on Friday.
The funeral prayers in London were attended by her sons Hassan and Hussain, brother-in-law Shehbaz Sharif, former ministers Chaudhry Nisar and Ishaq Dar among others.
Shehbaz Sharif along with Begum Kulsoom's daughter Asma, grandson Zayd Hussain Sharif and 11 other family members accompanied the body to Lahore.
Sharif was in London with his cancer-stricken wife earlier this year when the anti-graft court had handed him a 10-year jail term and sentenced his presumed political heir, Maryam, to seven years in prison over the purchase of luxury flats in London in the 1990s.
The former prime minister was looking highly sad and exhausted. He spent most of the time with his mother.
"Today was extremely hard after learning of my mother's death". She was also seen reading from the Holy Quran for the departed soul of her mother.
Security has also been tightened around their residence and traffic wardens have been deployed to ensure the smooth flow of traffic.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Javed Hashmi, Pervez Malik, Dr Asif Saeed Kirmani, Khurram Dastagir, Pervez Rashid, Rana Sanaullah Khan, Senator Ghous Muhammad Niazi, Abid Sher Ali, Khwaja Muhammad Asif, Ahsan Iqbal, Tehmina Daultana, lawyers and the party parliamentarians and workers reached Jattiumra to expressed their grief to the Sharif family.
Many workers were seen sobbing while everyone praised the noble personality, suave and humanitarian nature of Begum Kulsoom Nawaz.
Condolences continued to pour in for the Sharif family, upon Kulsoom Nawaz's demise.
However, Shehbaz persuaded them to avail release on parole as a legal right.
They were initially released on a 12-hour parole. "In case of a delay in Begum Kulsoom's funeral, the parole will be further extended", the spokesperson added.
The Punjab government on Wednesday extended parole of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, his daughter, Maryam, and son-in-law Captain (retd) Mohammad Safdar by four days, according to the Punjab Home Department.
- USA to take longer to review Sprint merger with T
- Facebook Unveils Rosetta: Super AI to Help Tackle Hate Speech
- Bombing in Afghanistan Kills at Least 68 at Quiet Yell
- Hurricane Florence: Over 188,000 without power as monster storm batters Carolinas
- Pope receives US Church leaders to discuss clerical sex abuse crisis
- In US beach resort, residents seek shelter from the storm
- Whole fat milk, yoghurt cause fewer heart diseases
- Australian Newspaper Republishes Controversial Cartoon of Serena Williams
- USA threatens ban to fight teenage vaping epidemic
- Arsenal manager Unai Emery preparing for 'difficult' Newcastle United test