The Jaguars cornerback did put Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in the "does not suck" category though he's been less impressed with tight end Rob Gronkowski. "I think everyone, whenever you play some of the best teams, you want to see where you're measured up to, and that defense has been ranked very high all a year ago, and I could see why".
When asked about his comments on Thursday, Ramsey stood his ground.
Nonetheless, this adds yet another element to the game with Ramsey being at the forefront of attention, especially when he draws the coverage assignment on Gronkowski when the two teams take the field later this week. "I said what I said", Ramsey said after his comments went viral. "That's when you get your time to go out and show everyone what you got". And that's the first time you get to look at your opponent in the eye, and I think that's the point you realize 'OK, this is the kind of game it's gonna be.' And once you take the field it's like you've kind of entered the arena.
"I don't fear no man, period", the Jacksonville Jaguars' third-year cornerback said Thursday afternoon. I'm sure I'm going to have opportunities to go versus him.
So Gronkowski should expect the grandma treatment on Sunday - if Ramsey lines up on him.
Gronkowski, meanwhile, has done his part to simply ignore Ramsey's chirping, but isn't backing down from the challenge.
"It's going to be an emotional environment", Brady said. If my brother, my dad, my mom and my grandma were out there ... it's on.
"When you play the game of football, I feel like to respect the game you have to play it fierce", Ramsey said as the Jaguars (1-0) prepared to play the New England Patriots (1-0) at TIAA Bank Field Sunday at 4:25 p.m. After the game we can be cool, it doesn't matter.
"Football is not a game meant to be played being nice to each other and all that, like Kumbaya. After the game's over with, that's cool". I'm very confident in all of my teammates on the defensive side of the ball.
Ramsey was given a chance to clarify that he wouldn't actually hit his grandmother. She know that. My grandma knows that. "I love you, but she knows that". He was a limited participant in practice on Wednesday and said he was "doing all I can do" to be back in uniform for Sunday's game. "Whoever goes against him, I'm very confident they'll hold it down and I'll do my job and I'll hold it down where I'm at".
- Whole fat milk, yoghurt cause fewer heart diseases
- Hurricane Florence: Georgia Governor declares state of EMERGENCY for all 159 counties
- Bengals top the Ravens in TNF
- Flight carrying Kulsoom Nawazs body departs for Pakistan
- Translucent fish without scales discovered deep in the Pacific Ocean
- Arsenal manager Unai Emery preparing for 'difficult' Newcastle United test
- Celtics release statement addressing Jabari Bird arrest
- It’s a Final Fantasy Party, and Every Buddy is Invited
- WHAT’S HAPPENING: Hurricane Florence looms over East Coast
- In US beach resort, residents seek shelter from the storm