Ozil has yet to register a goal or assist in the three games he has played, and was substituted in two of them.
Ozil's decision to remove himself from worldwide selection with Germany means he has had time to rest and adapt to Emery's methods.
"I want to find with him the possibility to do the best, to make decisive passes, to do more near and in the box to score", the manager said.
Goalkeeper: Once again, Petr Cech looked uncomfortable with the ball at his feet during the win over Cardiff City last time out but I still don't think Emery is going to bring in Bernd Leno just yet. He can improve, he can do more.
"In his career, he played like a No. 10 and on the right coming in with his quality", Emery said. "I have a very good relationship with Mesut and professionally I push him for improvements to give us the best in his qualities and performances". I look at him with the focus totally here. He is very convinced about that in my conversations with him about it.
'Saturday is another step we can do, it will be hard but I want to continue (to show) our personality on the pitch and impose this personality on the opposition and to find the win'. "Mesut is in these two positions".
- FDA proposed crackdown on flavored e-cigs puts Juul on notice
- Oil Prices Climb Ahead of US Sanctions on Iran
- ‘Monster’ Hurricane Florence takes aim at US Southeast
- Hurricane Florence: Residents urged to rush as ‘unprecedented disaster’ looms
- Rashford developing quicker than Ronaldo did - Southgate
- ISS images show massive Hurricane Florence from 400 km up
- Watch live streaming video of Hurricane Florence rolling into North Carolina
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos launches a $2 bln philanthropic fund
- California governor commits to 100 percent clean energy
- Fraudsters force people to evacuate as Hurricane Florence approaches