Ozil has yet to register a goal or assist in the three games he has played, and was substituted in two of them.
Ozil's decision to remove himself from worldwide selection with Germany means he has had time to rest and adapt to Emery's methods.
"I want to find with him the possibility to do the best, to make decisive passes, to do more near and in the box to score", the manager said.
Goalkeeper: Once again, Petr Cech looked uncomfortable with the ball at his feet during the win over Cardiff City last time out but I still don't think Emery is going to bring in Bernd Leno just yet. He can improve, he can do more.
"In his career, he played like a No. 10 and on the right coming in with his quality", Emery said. "I have a very good relationship with Mesut and professionally I push him for improvements to give us the best in his qualities and performances". I look at him with the focus totally here. He is very convinced about that in my conversations with him about it.
'Saturday is another step we can do, it will be hard but I want to continue (to show) our personality on the pitch and impose this personality on the opposition and to find the win'. "Mesut is in these two positions".
- George Weah plays friendly for Liberia against Nigeria aged 51
- Aung San Suu Kyi: Jailing Journalists For Reporting Truth Is Justified
- Overmars: Barcelona can try but De Jong not leaving in January
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos launches a $2 bln philanthropic fund
- ISS images show massive Hurricane Florence from 400 km up
- Rashford developing quicker than Ronaldo did - Southgate
- West Virginia Bishop Resigns, Pope Orders Probe of Harassment Claims
- FDA proposed crackdown on flavored e-cigs puts Juul on notice
- Meet Apple’s iPhone Xs, Xs Max, Xr: Specs, Price, Release Date Announced
- The Last Remnant Remastered coming to Playstation 4 this December