"Sitting in an office talking about football is different to doing the job".
Hugo Lloris on the other hand, is not injured, but was pulled over by police for driving while intoxicated about which the Argentinian coach stated: "He said he is sorry, anyone can make a mistake, he did it and he is suffering, he is punishing himself. But it's an opinion".
Jordan Henderson, who was a big part of Liverpool's success last season, has been used sparingly and Adam Lallana and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is still making comebacks from injury.
Pochettino said: "Look, when in England the transfer window closed and in Europe closed I think we move on".
"Of course, we have to".
"You always try to have your best game, but it is clear with the number of games".
"It is only the job to do sometimes because we have players that work together that much longer". The others all had at least three weeks.
Jurgen Klopp has defended his decision to keep Fabinho out of his Liverpool team but admits it is "not nice" to tell him he will not be playing. "The plan was and still is that he will make us better". "Mauricio [Pochettino] has the same issues, we all have to work with what we've got".
Liverpool were beaten 4-1 by Spurs in this fixture last season, which ended up sparking an 18-game unbeaten run for the Reds.
"It was a kind of a wake-up call, to be honest", Klopp said. Son played a more advanced role that day and Pochettino might be tempted to thrust him into the action this weekend in the hope of a repeat scenario. It has been good but it hasn't been brilliant and we haven't blown teams away to the same degree as last season. Yes, we learned, the experience was that one game can be completely different to another.
"It is going to demand a lot of energy from us - and to have a very good performance if we want to be close to winning".
Goalkeeper Lloris sustained a thigh problem during last month's 3-0 win at Manchester United, which meant he missed the subsequent 2-1 loss at Watford and France's global commitments over the past week.
- Reality Check: Is President Trump’s Puerto Rico Tweet Accurate?
- Facebook Unveils Rosetta: Super AI to Help Tackle Hate Speech
- USA threatens ban to fight teenage vaping epidemic
- Whole fat milk, yoghurt cause fewer heart diseases
- Rock slide in Zakynthos, one woman injured, three feared missing
- The new iPhone is confirmed in the gadget of two SIM-cards
- Hurricane Florence: Mass evacuation from 'storm of a lifetime'
- Hurricane Florence: Over 188,000 without power as monster storm batters Carolinas
- Incredible video shows plane flying into eye of Hurricane Florence
- Hurricane Florence begins battering the Carolinas