Mr Carney told MPs last week that he was willing to continue in the job past his planned departure date in June 2019, confirming press reports, but he gave no details.
Bradley Fried, chair of the Bank's Court of Directors, welcomed their decisions to stay on: "Continuity in the outstanding leadership they provide will help the Bank succeed in our crucial work".
These are turbulent times and the Governor of the Bank of England is going to extend his period in the role before stepping down.
Britain's Treasury Chief Philip Hammond approves of Governor Carney's performance and is hoping that the central bank will be able to support a smooth exit from the European Union for Britain.Читайте также: Apple's colorful new iPhone XR could trigger a long-awaited upgrade cycle (AAPL)
Carney was previously set to leave his role in June 2019 but has been persuaded to stay on by Chancellor Philip Hammond.
"I think a governor who is leaving at the end of June with his bags already packed would be in a poor situation to represent the U.K.in what might be some critical and time-critical negotiations over that period, trying to find practical solutions to situations that might arise", Hammond said.
Sir Jon Cunliffe, Deputy Governor of the Bank of England with responsibility for financial stability has also been re-appointed, effective from 1 November.
The governor and Prime Minister have clashed in the past with May commenting in 2016 on how there would be "bad side effects" for Carney's monetary policy and Carney taking a negative view on the future of Brexit. He was seen as a key source of financial stability in the political power vacuum that followed the Brexit vote, but also drew the ire of pro-Brexit lawmakers who believe he waded too far into the political debate.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Westbrook could miss season opener after knee surgery
- Rashford developing quicker than Ronaldo did - Southgate
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos launches a $2 bln philanthropic fund
- MVP Breanna Stewart Returns To Winning Ways
- California governor commits to 100 percent clean energy
- Overmars: Barcelona can try but De Jong not leaving in January
- ‘Monster’ Hurricane Florence takes aim at US Southeast
- BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Tickets are on sale now
- Teaser is out: Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar gives Ganesh Chaturthi bonaza
- RIP iPhone: Apple discontinues its flagships