Mary Halsey, the woman who went viral for her rendition of Missy Elliott's hit "Work It", appeared on Thursday's episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show and got the ultimate surprise when the rapper joined her on the stage.
"I have to sit back, I can't even tell you", Halsey said to Ellen DeGeneres of seeing Elliott's tweet. She revealed that she learned "Work It" in 2003 to compete in a karaoke competition then, and soon it became her go-to song.
'Ellen has always used her platform to make others dreams come true like Mary Halsey, who I must say is one of the sweetest souls I've met!'
"She know all the words, and I forget my own words", Elliott said of Halsey.
Missy later posted a video (which Funky White Sister Halsey initially thought was a picture, just like every auntie) of the two new BFFs backstage. "Everybody wants to hear it". Misdemeanor herself praised her "funky white sister" for putting her thang down, flipping and reversing it.
And not only did Missy meet Halsey; she performed with her! 'She straight killed Work It, sound effects and all.
She was later gifted a signed t-shirt and a jacket embroidered with her famous nickname-Missy's funky white sister.
- Hurricane Florence: Residents urged to rush as ‘unprecedented disaster’ looms
- The Last Remnant Remastered coming to Playstation 4 this December
- Google Pixel 3 is expected to be launched on October 3
- Watch live streaming video of Hurricane Florence rolling into North Carolina
- Don't underestimate flu - that's the message as new vaccine becomes available
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos launches a $2 bln philanthropic fund
- The Senators trade Erik Karlsson to the Sharks
- Meet Apple’s iPhone Xs, Xs Max, Xr: Specs, Price, Release Date Announced
- BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Tickets are on sale now
- MVP Breanna Stewart Returns To Winning Ways