"He played a total of 52 matches with 2,676 minutes, if you divide that by 90 minutes, gives 29.7 matches". Rashford, he said, had played "an incredible number of appearances and minutes" at the highest level in the best possible competitions.
Rashford will serve the first game of a three-match suspension this weekend following his red card against Burnley before the global break, further restricting his opportunity to build on his part in England's run to the semifinals of the World Cup in Russian Federation, where he made six appearances.
"Probably you should remind them he is suspended and can not play".
"Probably you should remind them he is suspended and can not play. Because most managers in the league, when they are not happy they try to find a way to seem happy", Lukaku told the BBC ahead of today's clash with Watford.
The Manchester United shot-stopper came under rare scrutiny after his poor start to the season having conceded seven goals in four Premier League appearances.
Marcus Rashford scored twice while on England duty, which prompted pundits to claim that he needs to leave in order to fulfill his potential.
Former captain Gary Neville says that, as a fan, he would be happy to see the 25-year-old leave if his focus was not on United, but Mourinho says the World Cup victor has not told him that he wants to go.
"He has still played a lot of football, although maybe not the continuous starts and I'm really pleased for him that he leaves here full of confidence".
"Since I was here, he was never one day out of selection because of my decision, only if he was injured or suspended. He was never ever out of a selection, so he knows and that's the most important thing".
Mourinho refuted that in spectacular style on Friday by pointing out that Rashford has played 105 times for United since the Portuguese took charge.
When asked is he felt Rashford was a "special talent" after Tuesday's win over Switzerland, southgate replied: "Yes he is".
Jose Mourinho's men came second to local rivals Man City in the race for the title previous year, but in truth they never really looked like winning the trophy, ultimately finishing 19 points behind their neighbours.
Pogba has, though, previously said that he would be fined if he opened up about his happiness, while over the global break he said "who knows what will happen in the next few months?".
- Mass evacuations ordered as Hurricane Florence heads toward Carolinas
- More than 400k evacuate SC as Florence approaches
- Apple 2018 Event Recap: iPhone Xs, Xs Max, Xr, Apple Watch
- Super Typhoon Mangkhut smashes into Philippines, two dead
- Razer Phone 2 Looks Exactly Like The Original Razer Phone From Front
- Return to Crystal Palace a possibility, says Loftus-Cheek
- Tennis umpires considering boycotting Serena Williams matches
- United Nations official: Powers cite need for peace in Idlib
- A $100,000 reward offered catch the strawberry needle saboteur
- Maurizio Sarri told how to transform Chelsea into a 'sensational' team