Mauricio Pochettino's Spurs were again out of sorts following their 2-1 loss to Watford before the global break, with substitute Erik Lamela's stoppage-time goal giving the scoreline a very flattering look for the hosts.
Klopp hit back at the former Red Devils skipper by claiming that he did not understand how to concentrate exclusively on one competition when at a club like Liverpool, who are expected to compete on all fronts.
Follow the game with us below. The most important thing is to keep the balance.
'I am sure he will play on Tuesday and he will get plenty of game time.
"Winning here is so hard, unbelievably difficult, so I never expect that". "We all knew it after the World Cup, especially after England came that far, they have had no rest", added Klopp.
Liverpool now have the depth that they lacked a year ago, though, and they also have extra quality.
Liverpool avenged last season's 4-1 defeat to Spurs at Wembley to extend their lead at the top of the Premier League. "If you analyse the first five games, the performance was similar in all the games, but the opponents were all different".
"Now we have to prove it and do it again, again and again".
Some fans, however, agree that the Reds could win this campaign if their focus was 100% on the domestic league.
"It's something with his eye, we will see".
Meanwhile, the Liverpool manager is unsure on the severity of Firmino's facial injury that forced him off in the 74th minute on Saturday following a duel with Jan Vertongen. We controlled the game in a way and let me say it was the best game of the season for us, for sure.
More sloppy play from Tottenham after the break gave Vorm the opportunity to atone for his error with a sharp stop from Mane, before Lucas Moura found space at the other end to shoot against the outside of Alisson's right post.
Not for the first time this season, the Reds triumphed through hard work, a superbly drilled defence and opportunistic finishing rather than replicating the kind of swaggering play that took them to the Champions League final last season.
"I have no clue what exactly happened", said Klopp.
- IPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max available to pre-order from today
- Tropical Storm Helene has Azores in sights
- Florence, a Smelly Wet Unwanted Visitor, Besieges Carolinas
- United Nations official: Powers cite need for peace in Idlib
- Super Typhoon Mangkhut smashes into Philippines, two dead
- Tennis umpires considering boycotting Serena Williams matches
- Manchester City revenue tops £500m and profit soars
- Firefighters pray at scene where mom, baby killed during Florence
- P.E.I.'s Adam McQuaid traded by Bruins to Rangers
- Misleading Florence headlines suggest ‘MYRTLE BEACH COULD GET CUT OFF’