Standing in for thigh injury victim Hugo Lloris, goalkeeper Michel Vorm was at fault for both strikes that came either side of the interval, but Jurgen Klopp's men also wasted several additional chances.
"From my point it is all fine, but I know the situation isn't what some people expected but I can not change that".
While Kane collected the Golden Boot in Russian Federation, the six goals came in his first three games and that was followed by a three-match barren run.
'I'm not sure, but there may be an injury with Roberto, we don't know exactly in the moment, ' admitted Klopp.
Mauricio Pochettino's side have now lost back-to-back Premier League matches against Watford and Liverpool, as they fell to a 2-1 scoreline at the weekend against the latter at Wembley. I have no clue what exactly happened. A win for Spurs could take them top temporarily at least, a win for the reds will keep us on top.
The majority of Klopp's players were on duty with their national teams this month, and now head into a heavily congested period of seven games in 23 days.
"I didn't see it back". So now we have to prove that and do it again and again and again, and see if we can do so.
Unlike Spurs' England contingent, Klopp has bedded captain Jordan Henderson slowly back into action, while Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane's early exits in Russian Federation with Egypt and Senegal meant they had a few weeks of pre-season training.
"The first four weeks we had the same lineup and we changed one position, but it was to get a good start to create a base".
"We need to still improve and improve a lot".
"The performance today, for me, was better than the result", Klopp told a postmatch news conference. They were the most stable players in the squad. Yes, we learned, the experience was that one game can be completely different to another. "It was the moment where we could show that we are really convinced about what we are doing, we just had to do it more often and in a better way". The plan was - and still is - that he will make us better.
- Manchester City announce £500m club-record revenues close on United
- National Wireless Emergency Alert System Set to Test Sept. 20
- Get the most out of your workouts with these new Polar watches
- IPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max available to pre-order from today
- The question Bob Woodward's book doesn't answer
- Obesity tops 35 pc in 7 U.S. states
- United Nations official: Powers cite need for peace in Idlib
- Skripal suspects: We were just visiting the cathedral
- Mourinho defends use of Rashford and attacks pundits
- Firefighters pray at scene where mom, baby killed during Florence