While development into a tropical depression is not expected since the system is nearly onshore, heavy rainfall and gusty winds are likely across portions of northeastern Mexico and Texas through Saturday.
"Isaac is anticipated to move near or over the central Lesser Antilles on Thursday, move into the eastern Caribbean Sea Thursday night, and move into the central Caribbean Sea by the weekend", NHC officials said in an advisory issued today at 5 p.m. EDT (2100 GMT).
Stay tuned to KENS 5 and KENS5.com for further updates as this system develops.
Gov. Nathan Deal isn't taking any chances with Hurricane Florence. Isaac also has the potential to bring 1-2 inches of rain to portions of St. Croix.
Tropical storm-force winds extend outward up to 175 miles (280 kilometers) from its center.
A year ago, Hurricane Harvey swamped the Gulf Coast with more than 50 inches (1.3 m) or rain in some locations, shutting a quarter of USA refining capacity, leading to regional fuel shortages and pushing prices higher nationwide.
"The fact is this storm is deadly and we know we are days away from an ending", Cooper said.
"I feel like the dumbest human being who ever walked the face of the earth", said Ballance, owner of a seafood restaurant that was flooded.
Helene is now in the Atlantic Ocean following behind Hurricane Florence, which was expected to hit the eastern coast of the USA late Thursday or early Friday.
Marco Petagna, a Met Office forecaster, said: "Storm Helene is still in the Atlantic but it could have an influence in Britain next week".
On another barrier island just below the Bogue Banks, Steve Harrigan reported live from North Topsail Beach, where visitors and residents were largely heeding warnings from Gov. Roy Cooper (D-N.C.) to evacuate. That's enough to fill the Chesapeake Bay, or cover the entire state of Texas with almost 4 inches (10 centimetres) of water.
Shared content for Virgin Islands Source and St. John Tradewinds.
"We could get some rain and gusty winds". A Tropical Storm Watch means that tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, in this case within 24 to 36 hours. "We might leave", she said.
- Leaving Egg Out Of Flu Vaccines Could Offer Better Protection
- Razer Phone 2 Looks Exactly Like The Original Razer Phone From Front
- Tennis umpires considering boycotting Serena Williams matches
- Volkswagen to discontinue Beetle, Final Edition set for 2019
- Predicted Chelsea Line Up vs Cardiff City
- Apple's iPhone XS and XS Max are now available for pre-order
- Trump rejects Puerto Rico storm death toll
- Canelo Alvarez Training For 1st Round KO In Gennady Golovkin Rematch
- Hurricane Florence making landfall in Carolinas
- Warning over needles in strawberries