The Springboks pulled off a stunning performance characterised by grit and determination to hand the All Blacks their first defeat in the Rugby Championship at home since 2009.
Willie Le Roux, Malcolm Marx and Cheslin Kolbe crossed on Saturday night for the visitors, who had lost their previous two matches and been under huge pressure heading into the game. "Then we lost those two games in a row and you lose some belief, but we always targeted this game to say "we can turn things (around) and be real contenders at the World Cup". I think we showed a little bit of what we can do tonight. It would be unrealistic to expect them [Springboks] to get within 15 points of this All Blacks side, in this Rugby Championship, in this Wellington.
The Springboks started poorly, going 12-0 down inside the first 20 minutes as Jordie Barrett and Smith were put over as the All Blacks showcased their superb ability to offload under pressure.
The Springboks roared back into the game after Willie le Roux released the scintillating Dyantyi on the left flank to run all the way and touch down behind the poles leaving Handrè Pollard with a simple conversion.
Cheslin Kolbe, a second half replacement for Lukhanyo Am, was next on the scoresheet with an intercept try which was converted by Pollard as the visitors stretched their lead once again to 14 points.
Taylor and Savea crossed from lineout drives to set up a nail-biting finish that ended when Damian McKenzie lost the ball in a tackle.
"They came out with a plan and the plan was to put pressure on us and they did that".
In an incredible back-and-forth Test match, a mixture of stunning Springboks play and uncharacteristic errors from the hosts earned South Africa a first ever win at Westpac Stadium.
- Meghan Markle's Royal Life Is More Isolating Than Ever
- TCU Horned Frogs lead Ohio State Buckeyes 14-13 at halftime
- Five Takeaways From The Ravens' Loss To The Bengals
- Oklahoma among top-10 valuable teams in college football
- Nigerians React To Zainab Ahmed’s Appointment As Minister Of Finance
- US Crude Oil Flowing Strong
- Delhi cop’s son booked as his video thrashing woman goes viral
- Ky. Residents Contract West Nile Virus
- Trump says Hurricane Maria death toll number was made up by Democrats
- Hurricane Florence Dumps 'Epic Amounts of Rainfall' On US States