As Isaac approaches the islands those watches may progress to become warnings, which are issued when a threat is more imminent and there are conditions actually happening in the immediate area related to a hurricane or tropical storm.
While a tropical storm watch is in effect for St. Kitts and Nevis, at Pond Hill, Nevis, forecaster Harry W. Hallstrom said, "Isaac is getting ripped apart with wind shear". Then Florence is expected to move to the northwest toward Columbia, SC on Saturday, weakening as it does so, before continuing into the SC upstate by Sunday, undergoing further weakening.
Sustained winds in this wave are still at 35 miles per hour and Isaac is moving westward in the Caribbean at 16 miles per hour.
The system will need to reach sustained winds of 39 miles (63 kilometers) an hour to qualify as a tropical storm. If Isaac survives, some forecast models want to turn it to the northwest towards the Gulf next week, so we'll keep watching this one closely.
"Winds are likely to gust to 55-65 miles per hour quite widely in the warning area, with possible gusts of 70-80 miles per hour in exposure".
Isaac has weakened to tropical depression and could degenerate anytime now, but bands of rain from the system are continuing to affect the Lesser Antilles.
Tropical Storm Warnings are now in effect for Martinique, Dominica and Guadeloupe.
Cameras outside the International Space Station captured dramatic views of rapidly strengthening Hurricane Florence at 8:10 a.m. EDT Sept. 10 as it moved in a westerly direction across the Atlantic, headed for a likely landfall along the eastern seaboard of the US late Thursday or early Friday. Tropical storm conditions are possible within the tropical storm watch area, also beginning late this morning. Damaging winds, floods, high surf and storm surge are still possible.
- Strawberry sabotage: WA not affected by needle contamination
- Boks back on track after New Zealand victory: Erasmus
- Man bitten by shark in Cape Cod waters has died, police say
- Manchester City vs. Fulham live stream
- Hurricane Florence path latest: EMPTY SHELVES as East Coast residents desperately prepare
- Border Patrol Officer Suspected of Killing Four Women in Texas
- ULA launches final Delta II rocket with NASA's ICESat-2
- PM Modi's 5-point 'masala' to kickstart economy
- Oklahoma among top-10 valuable teams in college football
- Florence, a wet and unwanted visitor, besieges Carolinas