The Pro Football Hall of Fame welcomed four first-year eligible players: tight end Tony Gonzalez, linebacker London Fletcher, cornerback Champ Bailey and safety Ed Reed. Arguably Glover's most productive game came in 2000 when New Orleans faced the defending Super Bowl champion, the St. Louis Rams.in the wild card game.
The former Kansas City Chiefs' tight end, who will be enshrined in the Chiefs Ring of Honor during Kansas City's Thursday Night Football matchup with the Los Angeles Chargers on December 13, was named one of 102 Modern Era nominees for the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Thursday.
Gonzalez retired in 2013 after 17 pro seasons in which he had 1,325 receptions, second to Jerry Rice on the career list. The other three aforementioned nominees have yet to make it past the initial cut. Among his 64 career picks were returns for touchdowns of 106 and 107 yards. He has advanced as a finalists in the top 15 for the past five years. Reed won a Super Bowl in the 2012 season.
The list of modern-era nominees will be reduced to 25 semifinalists in November. The finalists will consist of 15 Modern-Era finalists, the recently named Senior Finalist, Johnny Robinson, and the Contributor Finalists, Pat Bowlen and Gil Brandt.
For the eighth consecutive year, the Hall of Fame is encouraging fans to vote for their favorite nominees by visiting www.nfl.com/hofvote and, in so doing, entering a sweepstakes for an National Football League themed Ford F-150 truck and a VIP trip for two to Super Bowl LIII.
Between four and eight of those individuals will be immortalized in Canton next August.
- Tottenham 1 Liverpool 2: Wijnaldum and Firmino sound Reds' title intentions
- SC prisoners evacuated due to Hurricane Florence, SCDC says
- Liverpool receive boost as Tottenham boss reveals duo are out injured
- Misleading Florence headlines suggest ‘MYRTLE BEACH COULD GET CUT OFF’
- Trump Falsely Claims Revised Puerto Rico Death Toll Is Fake News
- Relentless Liverpool sweep Spurs aside as Chelsea go top
- P.E.I.'s Adam McQuaid traded by Bruins to Rangers
- Florence disaster declared in North Carolina as flooding threat grows
- How the Waffle House is archaic to resolve a typhoon's fury
- Adrian Peterson immediately makes presence felt with Redskins