The 49-year-old actor was fairly circumspect about his stay at a Los Angeles medical centre, simply saying "three months in a hospital bed, check" in a recent Tweet.
It is not clear whether he has been discharged from hospital, but a statement from his rep said: "He is grateful for the concern and asks for continued privacy as he heals".
Recently, Perry's friend Kayti Edwards spoke about the height of the star's addiction, telling Us Weekly that he was "on a roll for about three months" when she realised how bad it had got.
Others noted that they had not heard anything from Matthew Perry in a long time and had grown anxious about him.
Earlier last month, it was reported that Perry had the surgery to fix a ruptured bowel.
A gastrointestinal perforation is a hole with forms through the stomach, bowel or small intestine, according to Healthline.
Another fan added, "Seriously, though, I have been looking for news about you for a while and haven't seen anything".
Symptoms include severe abdominal pain and emergency surgery is usually required.
Matthew has spoken openly in the past about his health battles, including his struggle with alcohol and vicodin.
In 2013, he told People, "I couldn't stop".
A gastrointestinal perforation can be a life-threatening issue, so on the optimistic side, it's obviously imperative Perry got it taken care of... but the hospital recovery time.
Matthew found fame in the 1990s while starring as Chandler Bing in classic USA sitcom Friends.
Friends ended in 2004, but fans rejoiced when all 10 series were brought to Netflix in January this year.
- Coast guard closes emblematic Greek beach after rockfall
- Florence disaster declared in North Carolina as flooding threat grows
- One person has died in South Carolina as a result of Florence
- Google teases Pixel 3 launch as iPhone XS preorders go live
- Border official: Canadians entering U.S. risk lifetime ban for marijuana use
- Canada sees more NAFTA talks this week, much work remains
- Nigerians React To Zainab Ahmed’s Appointment As Minister Of Finance
- Delhi cop’s son booked as his video thrashing woman goes viral
- U.S. sanctions NKorean IT companies in China, Russia
- Cardi B hits back at Minaj