"I have proven with my experience to know the best way to manage the players, ' Emery said as his side prepare to face Rafa Benitez's Newcastle at St James" Park on Saturday.
Xhaka was heavily involved again as Ozil doubled the lead nine minutes later.
Newcastle's heads dropped thereafter and, despite Ciaran Clark's stoppage-time header, they have just the solitary point from a daunting start to the season, while Arsenal's bid for a return to the top four is gathering steam.
The Wales international's situation at The Emirates has been a source of uncertainty in recent weeks due to the fact that his current contract with the north London side is due to expire at the end of the season.
"That defeat hurt me more than the Tottenham one, or the Man City one, or the Chelsea one, because I don't think Arsenal are that good a team".
They may not have been at their best, but Arsenal still deservedly picked up all three points.
Newcastle goalkeeper Martin Dubravka got a hand to Ozil's rather tame effort, as he had done to Xhaka's free kick, and will feel he could have prevented the second, if not both of Arsenal's goals.
"Also when the left-back and the right-back are arriving in the box we want to give them chances to score but normally, our attacking players will do more in the future".
"The result gives us confidence but the things on the pitch, individually and collectively, that we can improve", he said, per Sky Sports.
How to read this, a third successive victory for Arsenal - their second away from home - by September was best done through context.
- PM Modi's 5-point 'masala' to kickstart economy
- ULA launches final Delta II rocket with NASA's ICESat-2
- Hurricane Florence path latest: EMPTY SHELVES as East Coast residents desperately prepare
- Naomi Osaka "Not Sad" About Serena Controversy Overshadowing US Open Win
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores sensational strike to bring up 500th career goal
- Liverpool a step up for PSG, says Verratti
- Boks back on track after New Zealand victory: Erasmus
- Hurricane Florence Death Toll Climbs to 7, Including Mother and Baby
- China says battling swine fever is 'complex and challenging'
- Formula 1 provides first look at 2021 concept cars