Neymar and Kylian Mbappe both didn't play for PSG against St. Etienne, with Thomas Tuchel resting the former while the latter served a ban for a red card he received before the worldwide break. "I'll talk to the key players and I'll be watching Liverpool's game against Tottenham tomorrow and decide on Monday".
Speaking at a postmatch press conference, Tuchel explained Neymar's absence in simple terms.
Edinson Cavani made it 2-0 in the 51st after being fouled in the area for his third goal this season, and Angel Di Maria added the third near the end with a powerful left-footed shot from a tight angle. "I told him that he was not going to play and that he could not train".
"Neymar played 90 minutes on Wednesday with Brazil, so I did not want to take any risks".
"We knew PSG were stronger than us but four goals are expensive". Saint-Etienne was a good rehearsal.
France's other Champions League contenders are Monaco, who face in-form Toulouse away on Saturday night before hosting Atletico Madrid on Tuesday.
"It's an important test for us, not decisive but it's good to start with a complicated game". "We are confident, though".
PSG cruised past Saint Etienne anyway, winning 4-0 at the Parc des Princes. Julian managed to score a great goal, because my pass was not that great - it was really impressive. They also have Champions League experience and reached last season's final.
"We played with seriousness and intensity. Liverpool will reveal something but most importantly it will give us a better idea of our situation".
- SANA: Syrian air defenses shoot down several Israeli missiles
- Border Patrol Officer Suspected of Killing Four Women in Texas
- Hurricane Florence Death Toll Climbs to 7, Including Mother and Baby
- Hillary Clinton and Helen Keller to be removed from Texas history curriculum
- Toronto politicians weighing steps as province revives bill to reduce council
- Huawei Vows To Release Foldable Phone Within A Year
- Strawberry sabotage: WA not affected by needle contamination
- Liverpool and Chelsea set Premier League first with ideal starts
- Pompeo: Sanctions Enforcement Key to N. Korean Denuclearization
- Boks back on track after New Zealand victory: Erasmus