"If they can keep this intensity going, whoever finishes in front of them this season will win the league".
A late goal from Erik Lamela proved to be just a consolation for Spurs, who were without captain Hugo Lloris and Dele Alli.
However, former defender Higginbotham seems to think that the game will suit Liverpool FC more than it does Spurs.
The Reds stayed on top of proceedings as the visitors looked to be the more dominant side, creating chances at will against a lacklustre home side.
Liverpool can cope without Mohamed Salah scoring. Not so Tottenham when a lethargic Harry Kane is misfiring.
Following a botched punch from a corner, Vorm could only paw Wijnaldum's header away from behind his goal line.
Firmino was forced off at the time of the injury in the 76th minute.
There was one, three-second-long example in the first half when he exchanged a series of passes with team-mates, making short runs into space, the move eventually breaking down when left-back Danny Rose failed to find him as he he sprinted towards the left flank.
Firmino then got his name on the score-sheet, soon after the interval, as the Brazilian tapped-in Liverpool's 2nd, after some more sloppy defending by the hosts.
Although Jurgen Klopp will be curious as to why his side couldn't convert more of the many chances they created, the closing five minutes of today's game very almost undone what was a landmark win for Klopp's side.
Despite Liverpool sitting top of the Premier League, Klopp said it is not possible for the five-time European Cup winners to put off their Champions League campaign, which begins on Tuesday when Paris Saint-Germain visit Anfield.
The Senegalese forward had Salah to his right and Naby Keita to his right.
Klopp hit back at the former Red Devils skipper by claiming that he did not understand how to concentrate exclusively on one competition when at a club like Liverpool, who are expected to compete on all fronts.
- Former Patriots among 2019 HOF nominees
- Hurricane Florence Dumps 'Epic Amounts of Rainfall' On US States
- Taylor remains Browns' starting quarterback
- Florence disaster declared in North Carolina as flooding threat grows
- Cardi B hits back at Minaj
- One person has died in South Carolina as a result of Florence
- As Florence Surges Forward, Rethinking What Hurricane Preparation Looks Like
- Trump and top banker tussle over who is smarter
- Schefter: Browns are getting trade calls on Josh Gordon
- Relentless Liverpool sweep Spurs aside as Chelsea go top