You may have even posted it yourself.
Watching Serena throw her racket on the ground in frustration reminded me of the many times I have had to stop myself from flinging a chair or my high heel across the room towards a "subject" that clearly deserves it. Now more than ever, sport has gone from recreation for the masses to a battleground in the increasingly unavoidable culture war. That would tend to create a double standard disfavoring women when penalties are called, or at least the impression of such a double standard.
Serena Williams has part of it right.
"Williams was absolutely marvellous towards Osaka after the match. This is evidence of people just not being willing to call out the truth, which is Serena cheated and got caught".
For Osaka, who four years ago took a selfie with Williams outside the same court, the notion that she was the opposing player handed an advantage by the umpire seemed to fill her with agony.
Williams later broke her racket and shouted at Ramos, which led to a penalty point and a game penalty.
"She said that she was proud of me and that I should know that the crowd wasn't booing at me", Osaka told DeGeneres.
As a young woman who is trying to wade through the world, I have noted that forthrightness, boldness and confidence in women is not welcome.
"Me, as a woman, take a lot of warnings", Strycova said. They think differently. And men don't really understand women. "But I'm going to continue to fight for women and to fight for us to have equal [treatment]".
She not only soared into the Top 10 of the WTA rankings, but also to No.4 in the Porsche Race to Singapore as a result of her victory.
In the wake of the controversy, both the USTA and the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) backed Williams.
But for now Osaka is itching to do normal stuff - like catch up with big sister Mari, who is also a professional tennis player, go shopping and eat her favourite matcha ice cream.
Mouratoglou admitted to coaching Williams from the stands but claimed that everyone does it. She was called emotional, her rage labelled a meltdown, a tantrum.
As Williams fell apart, Osaka showed maturity by staying cool to close out her maiden Grand Slam title.
- TCU Horned Frogs lead Ohio State Buckeyes 14-13 at halftime
- PM Modi's 5-point 'masala' to kickstart economy
- Moscow raid on nerve agent test lab foiled
- Florence Targets North Carolina
- Huawei Vows To Release Foldable Phone Within A Year
- Border Patrol Officer Suspected of Killing Four Women in Texas
- Hurricane Florence path latest: EMPTY SHELVES as East Coast residents desperately prepare
- Oklahoma among top-10 valuable teams in college football
- China says battling swine fever is 'complex and challenging'
- SANA: Syrian air defenses shoot down several Israeli missiles