Ibrahimovic, who scored to reduce Toronto's lead to 3-1 before half-time, joined Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona's Lionel Messi as the third active player to score 500 goals between club and country.
During his glitering career, Ibrahimovic has also won 33 trophies, though adding to that tally with the Galaxy this season could prove tough as the club now sits eighth in the Western Conference and out of the MLS playoff places. Despite equalizing the score to 3-3, the team eventually lost 5-3 on the night to the Canadian side at BMO Field and subsequently languish 8th in the Western Conference of the MLS. It reminds me of a goal I did in Ajax. "It came from a cross and I turned around and I hit it".
"Obviously it's not good to lose. but I'm happy for Toronto because they'll be remembered as my 500th victim", Ibrahimovic told TSN after the game.
Ibrahimovic, 36, left Manchester United to join the Galaxy at the start of the 2018 season and now has 17 goals in 22 appearances for LA. "The guy is a great goal scorer and it is a memorable one for him for many reasons".
After starting his career at Malmo (18) in Sweden, Ibrahimovic has gone on to score goals for Dutch giants Ajax (48), Juventus (26), Inter (66), Barcelona (22), AC Milan (56), Paris Saint-Germain and United (29). Jonathan Osorio's 75th-minute go-ahead goal halted a three-goal Galaxy comeback and helped give Toronto some much needed points in their playoff push.
- Ky. Residents Contract West Nile Virus
- Trump says Hurricane Maria death toll number was made up by Democrats
- Nigerians React To Zainab Ahmed’s Appointment As Minister Of Finance
- Pompeo: Sanctions Enforcement Key to N. Korean Denuclearization
- SANA: Syrian air defenses shoot down several Israeli missiles
- As Florence Surges Forward, Rethinking What Hurricane Preparation Looks Like
- Former Patriots among 2019 HOF nominees
- TCU Horned Frogs lead Ohio State Buckeyes 14-13 at halftime
- Everything You Need to Know about the iPhone XS in 1 Minute
- Hurricane Florence Dumps 'Epic Amounts of Rainfall' On US States