China just showed the world that it's upping its space exploration game with the introduction of the Tiangong Space Station.
However, China wants to keep its doors open to partnerships, and the Chinese government even promised that the upcoming "Heavenly Palace" Space Station would also collaborate with all the countries involved in the ISS project.
The space station program is called Tiangong, which means "Heavenly Palace" in Chinese.
Three astronauts will be permanently stationed in the 60-tonne orbiting lab, which will enable the crew to conduct biological and microgravity research.
"We're excited to embrace new technology that improves our ability to engage our audiences in space station research", said David Brady, assistant program scientist for the International Space Station Program Science Office at Johnson.
"This new footage showcases the story of human spaceflight in more vivid detail than ever before", said Dylan Mathis, communications manager for the International Space Station Program at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston said in a statement. It is expected that construction will be completed around 2022. Beijing has received 40 from 27 countries and regions, proposals that still need to be the subject of a selection, reported in October, State television CCTV.
"Many countries, and increasingly private companies and universities, have space programs, but can not afford to build their own space station", he said.
China is pouring billions into its military-run space programme, with plans to send humans to the Moon in the near future.
It is set to operate for about 15 years, according to the China Academy of Space Technology, developer of the station.
A space lab dubbed Tiangong-1 disintegrated as it plunged back to Earth in early April, two years after it ceased functioning. "Despite a lot of talk of the opposite, the United States remains the most dominant power in space right now", Ostrove said.
Roskosmos said Russian flight controllers plan to reboot the faulty computer - one of the three in the station's Russian module - on November 8.
- Welbeck hospitalised after 'serious' ankle injury, Emery confirms
- Republican Judge No-Shows Work After Losing Election, Freeing Defendants
- Manchester City are 'untouchable' - Manchester United's Jose Mourinho
- Harry thanks Charles again for walking Meghan down the aisle
- Maurizio Sarri unhappy with Chelsea performance in narrow win over BATE
- Trump vows to fight against Democrats in the wake of midterm defeat
- Larry Drew agrees to deal to coach Cavaliers for rest of season
- Ariana Grande Sings "thank u, next" & Trips On Her Heels On 'Ellen'
- Knife-wielding man shot by police after stabbing attack in Australia
- Is this Our Future? China Develops News Anchor powered by Artificial Intelligence