The winning numbers were 5, 28, 62, 65, 70 and Mega Ball 5.
SC is among seven states in which the law allows a victor to stay anonymous, along with Delaware, Kansas, Maryalnd, North Dakota, Ohio and Texas, according to Maryland Lottery and Gaming via ABC News.
One extremely lucky person overcame 302.5 million to one odds last month to win Mega Millions' record $1.5 billion jackpot.
There is a 180-day deadline - until April 21 - to cash in the ticket.
The single winning ticket was purchased at the KC Mart in Simpsonville, South Carolina, according to state lottery officials, but who actually bought the ticket remains a mystery.
In addition to SC, lottery winners can keep their identities secret in Kansas, Delaware, Maryland, North Dakota and Ohio.
The victor has 180 days - until April 21 - to collect the prize, according to Mega Millions' rules.
Mega Millions lottery entry tickets are seen in New York, Oct. 23, 2018. Winning numbers will be drawn every Tuesday and Friday night at 11 ET until another winning ticket has been sold.
Sometimes jackpot winners never claim their prizes.
Tony Cooper, the chief operating officer with the South Carolina Education Lottery, suggested that the victor sign the back of the lottery ticket, keep it in a safe location and reach out to a reliable financial advisor, according to ABC News.
"Take a deep breath and enjoy the moment!" the South Carolina Education Lottery tweeted at the time.
- Saudi Crown Prince Exonerated In Khashoggi Murder, Says Prosecutor
- Mark Zuckerberg: Give Up iPhone And Use Android
- Facebook Bug that leaked users’ ‘Likes’ and ‘Interests’ has been plugged
- Frozen Super-Earth Discovered Six Light-Years Away
- Wayne Rooney: England striker says it will be 'strange' playing at Wembley
- Kuchar wins Mayakoba Golf Classic
- Nigerian ISP says error caused disruption in Google services
- Defying Trump, Merkel backs Macron’s call for EU Army
- Molinari leads Fleetwood in race for European title
- Former Leeds United player Fabian Delph to captain England