Sir Elton John is the star of this year's John Lewis Christmas advert with his performance of Your Song the soundtrack to a festive-tinged retrospective of his life and career. The two-minute 20 second ad is a veritable feast for Elton fans, showing some of his most well-known moments and the lesser known ones, like performing in pubs as a teenager and playing the piano as a kid at school.
Sir Elton said: "The John Lewis Christmas campaign has so many warm memories for me and my family".
He added: 'The ad is absolutely fantastic and I've truly loved every minute of being a part of it'.
Craig Inglis, Partner and Customer Director, John Lewis & Partners said: "Think back to all of the Christmases that you have enjoyed over the years - I'm sure there is one very special gift that stands out above all others".
The advert's narrative is summed up at the end, with the slogan "Some gifts are more than just a gift".
The TV ad was shared by staff before it officially airs on TV tonight at 9.15pm on ITV.
Having reportedly donated his £5 million fee to his charity, the Elton John Charitable Trust, Elton's husband David Furnish admitted that making the ad was an emotional experience for the star.
John Lewis" flagship store on London's Oxford Street also changed its name to just "John', and shoppers were convinced they had sussed the ad out ahead of its release. We are so ready to step into Christmas...
It's not the first time that "Your Song" has been used in a John Lewis Christmas advert, as Ellie Goulding's cover was used back in 2010. The space includes dressing room, recording studio and living room sets from the ad, as well as props, recordings from Elton John's 17-11-70 album and the opportunity to have photos taken at the piano.
- Protests held over comments made at rape trial
- Snell, deGrom earn 1st career Cy Young awards
- Michael Avenatti in police custody after domestic violence allegation
- GM John Dorsey -- Gregg Williams to get interview for Cleveland Browns job
- Deepika and Ranveer married in a 4-hour-long Konkani Brahmin ritual
- Shahid Afridi: Pakistan can not manage its own four provinces, doesn’t need Kashmir
- OH family face death penalty for 'execution-style' murders
- LeBron James says he 'almost cracked' during Lakers 0-3 start
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Market will generate new growth opportunities by 2024
- Toyota teases 2020 Corolla ahead of China debut