According to a family statement, provided to The Associated Press, Finney died after "a short illness with those closest to him by his side".
The stage and screen star began his career at the Royal Shakespeare Company before enjoying a wildly successful career in film.
Our thoughts are with Finney's family and friends at this hard time. A real hero of mine.
His film break came with two roles in 1960: a supporting part in The Entertainer, and a leading role as the original "angry young man" in Saturday Night and Sunday Morning.Читайте также: Uganda Adds Curvy, Sexy Women On List Of Tourism Attractions
He rose to fame as the star of Saturday Night and Sunday Morning which proved to be extremely popular with moviegoers.
As he aged, Finney transitioned to worldwide blockbuster franchises, making appearances in two of Matt Damon's Jason Bourne movies and playing the lovably gruff Scotsman Kincade in Skyfall, one of his final roles.
His impressive career saw him nominated for a number of awards, including an Oscar for Best Actor, though he didn't win.
Finney made his reputation in the 1960s and went on to be nominated for five Academy Awards. His Emmy was given for his performance as Winston Churchill in the BBC-HBO movie, The Gathering Storm (2002). He also played Daddy Warbucks for John Huston in 1982's Annie, worked with Steven Soderbergh for Traffic and Erin Brockovich, and teamed with Tim Burton for Big Fish and Corpse Bride. In 2001, he was given BAFTA's Academy Fellowship award, which has been compared to a lifetime achievement Oscar.
Albert married three times in his life, with his most recent wife, Pene Delmage, walking down the aisle with him in 2006.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Nikola Mirotic reportedly headed to Bucks
- In stunning move, Thai king's sister running for PM in March polls
- Nick Foles Informs Eagles He Will Buy His Way Into Free Agency
- Red Bull and Mercedes to launch 2019 F1 cars on same day
- Rohit Sharma becomes highest run scorer in Twenty20
- Milwaukee Bucks acquire Nikola Mirotic from New Orleans Pelicans
- Magic believe ‘sky's the limit’ for Markelle Fultz
- Equine flu crisis: biggest shutdown since foot and mouth hits racing
- Woody Allen sues Amazon for ending movie deal
- Body taken from wreckage identified as Emiliano Sala