Holder was handed a one-match suspension by the ICC in the wake of their ten-wicket victory in Antigua last week, after it was deemed that West Indies had been two overs short of fulfilling their quota of overs, after time allowances were taken into consideration.
A day after Jason Holder led West Indies to a historic series win against England, the International Cricket Council suspended the skipper because of his team's slow over rate during the second match in Antigua.
He finished with four wickets while Roach, who scythed through the middle and lower order, also claimed four to end with an eight-wicket match haul. He was rewarded with a jump of eight slots to 12th position, just one place behind his compatriot Shannon Gabriel, who advanced one slot.
Australia fast bowlers too have made a mark in the latest rankings update.
Viv Richards believes England have been "outgunned" and surprised by the quality of West Indies during their Test series.
"The way the West Indies (especially Darren Bravo) batted in the second Test was admirable", said the former Zimbabwean captain ahead of the first unofficial Test against India-A. The other Test venue for that series is likely to be Trinidad.
Paul has featured in two Tests and has three wickets under his belt.
England have long struggled to find a strong opening pair and the problem has worsened after the experienced Alastair Cook retired past year, leaving them searching for solutions ahead of the Ashes series which gets underway at Edgbaston on 1 August. Sri Lanka, however, face the prospect of slipping behind Pakistan during an upcoming two-Test tour of South Africa should they suffer another series loss.
The Kent batsman looks likely to get another opportunity when the teams face off at St Lucia in the third Test and Denly is treating the match as his Ashes audition.
- Trump Mocks 'Jeff Bozo' Over Divorce
- Here’s how Kim Kardashian is feeling about baby No 4
- Sarri: Hazard is the best in Europe
- Germany Punishing Facebook for Social Media Dominance
- BB&T and SunTrust agree to combine in US$66 billion merger
- Amnesty accuses UAE of diverting arms to "militias" in Yemen
- Celtics interested in Enes Kanter if he is bought out
- Travel advisory as SD&G hit with freezing drizzle, ice pellets
- Life Sentence For Toronto Serial Killer Bruce McArthur
- Russia, America and a new nuclear arms race