Nashville police have arrested five juveniles for the shooting of an aspiring singer.
The two other juveniles arrested are a 12-year-old girl and a 13-year-old boy, but they have not been named because Tennessee law prohibits identifying suspects under the age of 13.
The young suspects allegedly shot and killed 24-year-old Kyle Yorlets after he refused to give them the keys to his auto, police said.
According to cops, the kids apparently never got Yorlets' auto, but they did managed to steal his wallet. "It is believed that he was fatally shot after he refused", according to police.
And they say they were in another stolen vehicle after abandoning the pickup that was stolen in Kentucky.
When officers took the kids into custody, they said they found two loaded pistols that had been reported stolen. He was rushed to Vanderbilt University Medical Center where he died.
Police have identified three of the five juveniles who were arrested in the killing of a former Belmont University student and singer in West Nashville.
A loaded 9-millimeter pistol was recovered from the suspects, as well as a second loaded pistol which was recovered from inside the store.
Police later found the pickup truck abandoned in the 1600 block of Timberland Drive in the Hermitage Precinct.
Metro police reported a Hyundai Santa Fe, which was stolen from Brentwood, was also recovered from the Walmart parking lot. Police said the vehicle was stolen from Brentwood.
Yorlets was shot outside his Nashville home Thursday, made it back inside and was found by a roommate, police said.
He was also in local band Carverton and worked at Milk and Honey in the Gulch.
"We are in a state of shock and are having to grasp the reality that is now in front of us", Carverton's remaining members said in a statement. "We will never forget Kyle, and though he is gone too soon his legacy is here to stay", the band said.
- Apex Legends from EA Games crosses 10 million downloads within 72 hours
- Sprint sues AT&T over 5G branding
- Trump vows to end HIV spread within 10 years, critics skeptical
- Five-year-old girl rescued from collapsed building in Turkey
- Spurs set to do battle with Warriors Wednesday
- UK-built Mars rover named after British scientist Rosalind Franklin
- Celtics interested in Enes Kanter if he is bought out
- Challenger bank CEO calls for Bank of England rate cut
- How to blur the background of your Skype calls
- Scotland V Ireland: Choose Best Combined XV From Starting Teams