Although Rohit was dismissed for a 29-ball fifty at Auckland, he made quite an impact before he got out in India's chase of 159 to level the T20I series.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni watched from the 22 yards distance as his heir apparent Rishabh Pant showed spunk in a tricky situation, guiding India to its maiden T20 global victory on New Zealand soil here Friday.
Unfortunately for the Kiwi contingent of the 36,961 fans at Eden Park, Rohit Sharma quickly put an end to those hopes, smacking 50 off 29 balls as he passed the injured Martin Guptill to become the highest run-scorer in twenty20 global history. "Whatever the umpire said, we accepted it". The series is now tied 1-1 with the decider in Hamilton on Sunday.
The situation became a little animated when former captain MS Dhoni had a word with Williamson and the umpire in the presence of captain Rohit Sharma.
Hardik spilled a diving catch at long-on to allow Scott Kuggeleijm first ball, but Khaleel bowled Mitchell Santner and Tim Southee to end the innings superbly.
"It's an exciting time for the players and coaches alike as we look to sign-off our home summer of white-ball cricket", Larsen said.
New Zealand's Daryl Mitchell was given out lbw on the field to Krunal Pandya and the decision was upheld by TV umpire Shaun Haig despite HotSpot indicating the batsman had inside-edged onto his pad.
The bowling unit could not stop the New Zealand onslaught with Hardik Pandya going for 51 from his four overs whilst Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Khaleel Ahmed weren't much better as they conceded 47 and 48 runs respectively.
Here are the details of when, where and how you can watch or follow all the action from the 2nd T20I between India and New Zealand to be played at the Eden Park in Auckland.
INDIA: Rohit Sharma c Southee b Sodhi 50 (29b, 3x4, 4x6), Shikhar Dhawan c de Grandhomme b Ferguson 30 (31b, 2x4), Rishabh Pant (not out) 40 (28b, 4x4, 1x6), Vijay Shankar c Southee b Mitchell 14 (8b, 1x4, 1x6), M.S. Dhoni (not out) 20 (17b, 1x4); Extras (lb-1, b-2, w-5): 8; Total (for three wkts.in 18.5 overs): 162.
- Rajini’s Daughter Second Wedding Is Buzzing
- Wariness and hope in S. Korea over second Trump-Kim summit
- Supreme Court Blocks Law Regulating Louisiana Abortion Doctors
- Offset Threatens to Smack Chris Brown, Singer Releases Texts to Offset
- Bugatti Reveals Special Edition Of The Chiron Sport On Its 110th Anniversary
- Trump Tipped to Ban Chinese Equipment from U.S. Mobile Networks
- Virginia: second woman accuses lieutenant governor of sexual assault
- Virginia Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam 'Must Resign'
- Trump's diet plan not followed 'religiously'
- Massachusetts Court Upholds Michelle Carter's Conviction