The New Orleans Pelicans held onto Davis but dealt Nikola Mirotic to the Bucks, one of the Eastern Conference contenders who fortified their teams on Thursday, Feb. 7, 2019 before the National Basketball Association trade deadline.
Memphis Grizzlies General Manager Chris Wallace today announced that the Grizzlies acquired center Jonas Valanciunas (YO-nahs vah-lahn-CHEW-nas), guard Delon Wright (deh-LON), guard/forward C.J. Miles and a 2024 second round draft pick from the Toronto Raptors for center Marc Gasol.
The first of the two deals, both reported by ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski will bring Los Angeles Clippers guard Avery Bradley to town in exchange for JaMychal Green and Garrett Temple.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - A day after trading Marc Gasol to Toronto, the owner of the Memphis Grizzlies says the franchise will retire the center's No. 33 jersey some day in the future.
Gasol is one of eight players to average at least 10 points and six rebounds for each of the 11 seasons since the start of the 2008-09 year, according to Opta. Valanciunas was averaging 12.8 points and 7.2 rebounds at the time of his injury. Ever since the Grizzlies made it clear they were (actually) listening to offers about their two cornerstone players, Marc Gasol and Mike Conley, rumors came in from every direction about where the two might end up.
The Raptors selected Wright with a first-round pick in the 2015 NBA Draft. Valanciunas and Miles have player options, and Wright will become a restricted free agent.
Leonard also has a player option for 2019-20, worth $21 million.
- Florida politician resigns over accusations she licked men's faces
- Bugatti Reveals Special Edition Of The Chiron Sport On Its 110th Anniversary
- Massachusetts Court Upholds Michelle Carter's Conviction
- Rajini’s Daughter Second Wedding Is Buzzing
- Pope Francis Acknowledges Sexual Abuse Of Nuns
- Your Next Galaxy Note S Pen May Double as a Camera
- Virginia Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam 'Must Resign'
- Supreme Court Blocks Law Regulating Louisiana Abortion Doctors
- Popular iOS apps discreetly recording your phone screen
- Onward: Trump’s AG Crosses First Hurdle To Confirmation on Party-Line Vote