The 30th Anniversary Edition MX-5 Miata wears a special shade of Racing Orange paint, which Mazda says is an evolution of the yellow hue that adorned the original '89 Club Racer show auto. To celebrate the milestone, Mazda makes a fitting return to the same venue at the Windy City with a commemorative model, aptly named the MX-5 30th Anniversary Edition. We regret to inform you that Mazda appears to do these things in five-year increments, having created the 25th Anniversary Miata back in 2014, just 100 of which were allocated to the U.S. The upside, if any, is that you now have five years to save up for the 35th Anniversary Miata due in 2024.
Inside, the exclusivity continues with orange accents on the seats, door trim, dashboard, steering wheel, air vents and gear lever. It comes with unique Rays ZE40 RS30 forged aluminum wheels, orange brake calipers and a 30th Anniversary badge that features the car's serial number. There's also Alcantara trim on the seats, the door cards, and the instrument cluster. Cars coming to the States might not have sequential numbers, and buyers don't get to choose their number.
Live photos of the special Miata in Chicago are now in the gallery.
Based on the 2019 Mazda MX-5 2.0-litre petrol with 184PS, the 30th Anniversary has a six-speed manual gearbox, Bilstein dampers, strut-brace and limited slip differential.
Previewed last month, Mazda has now shown in full the 30th Anniversary Edition at the Chicago show. Or you can (probably) find one of the 25th Anniversary editions on the used market.
The 30th Anniversary package will be available on both the standard roadster and the Miata RF. Opting for the automatic transmission-why would you ever, though?-adds $499 to the softtop's price and $400 to the cost of the RF. The order books open today, with prospective owners able to place their order on a special website with a deposit of $500.
- Virginia Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam 'Must Resign'
- Klopp: Aggression needed to answer Liverpool's critics
- Minnesota School Bus Driver Shot In The Head During Snow Storm Traffic
- Onward: Trump’s AG Crosses First Hurdle To Confirmation on Party-Line Vote
- England's injured Itoje ruled out for France and Wales matches
- Galaxy S10 preorders might include free Galaxy Buds wireless earphones
- Rajini’s Daughter Second Wedding Is Buzzing
- Milwaukee Bucks acquire Nikola Mirotic from New Orleans Pelicans
- $900m drug bust exposes Mexico-Australia cartel ties
- Massachusetts Court Upholds Michelle Carter's Conviction