Mendy tagged himself at Hong Kong International Airport on Instagram on Friday, prompting a journalist to ask Guardiola about it during the press conference.
'Wow, I didn't know, ' Guardiola said. F*** he is a lucky guy.
He is not yet fit to return to action ahead of City's clash with Chelsea on Sunday in the Premier League, and as such was given the green light by Guardiola to make a trip to Barcelona and Paris in a bid to regain his fitness.
The reporter then informed Guardiola his player had posted that he was in Hong Kong.
Pep continued: "Yesterday he was in Barcelona".
Mendy was in trouble earlier this season when he was late for a rehabilitation session at the training ground, having been at boxing match in London the night before.
"Wow", the City boss responded.
Mendy then took to Twitter and claimed it was a joke. Guardiola said this was because De Bruyne is still being eased back following injury: "It's quite possible [he might not start]".
"The pressure, Liverpool are exceptional, I don't have the feeling that Jurgen Klopp or Virgil van Dijk feel pressure".
Mendy has been away from the Manchester City first-team through injury. "In the last three years they won and the best team in Europe in the last decade is Real Madrid. I'm pretty sure Real Madrid are happy with me now".
- Venezuelans not ‘beggars,’ give humanitarian aid to Colombians — Maduro
- News The Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary Is Very Orange, Very Awesome
- BB&T and SunTrust agree to combine in US$66 billion merger
- Marlins trade Realmuto to Phillies for Alfaro, prospects
- Heat agreed to trade Guards Johnson and Ellington to Suns for Anderson
- Offset Threatens to Smack Chris Brown, Singer Releases Texts to Offset
- Protecting Girls in Iraq from Female Genital Mutilation [EN/AR/KU]
- Popular iOS apps discreetly recording your phone screen
- Sarri: Hazard is the best in Europe
- Measles breaks out across the Philippines after Dengvaxia vaccine scare