Mendy tagged himself at Hong Kong International Airport on Instagram on Friday, prompting a journalist to ask Guardiola about it during the press conference.
'Wow, I didn't know, ' Guardiola said. F*** he is a lucky guy.
He is not yet fit to return to action ahead of City's clash with Chelsea on Sunday in the Premier League, and as such was given the green light by Guardiola to make a trip to Barcelona and Paris in a bid to regain his fitness.
The reporter then informed Guardiola his player had posted that he was in Hong Kong.
Pep continued: "Yesterday he was in Barcelona".
Mendy was in trouble earlier this season when he was late for a rehabilitation session at the training ground, having been at boxing match in London the night before.
"Wow", the City boss responded.
Mendy then took to Twitter and claimed it was a joke. Guardiola said this was because De Bruyne is still being eased back following injury: "It's quite possible [he might not start]".
"The pressure, Liverpool are exceptional, I don't have the feeling that Jurgen Klopp or Virgil van Dijk feel pressure".
Mendy has been away from the Manchester City first-team through injury. "In the last three years they won and the best team in Europe in the last decade is Real Madrid. I'm pretty sure Real Madrid are happy with me now".
- Measles breaks out across the Philippines after Dengvaxia vaccine scare
- The First CubeSats Ever to Visit Mars Have Gone Silent
- US trying to spur mutiny in military against Maduro
- Marlins trade Realmuto to Phillies for Alfaro, prospects
- Your Next Galaxy Note S Pen May Double as a Camera
- Man sues parents for giving birth to him without his consent
- Z & Roc Nation Come To 21 Savage's Defense Amid ICE-Cold Legal War
- Germany Punishing Facebook for Social Media Dominance
- NBA Grizzlies will retire Spaniard Marc Gasol's No. 33
- Jaguar Land Rover posts £3.4bn loss as China demand slips